Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Air vs Rugged mounts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Dead Air vs Rugged mounts

In reviewing comments, it appears both mounting designs are equally capable for safe and solid suppressor mounting. Is anyone familiar with the strengths or weaknesses of Dead Air vs Rugged? I've narrowed my future suppressor choice between these two companies for multiple suppressors.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Dead Air's mount is a true one-hand on/off, while Rugged's mount requires rotating the suppressor down and then rotating the locking collar down. You could put the Dead Air silencers under a handguard if you so desired (not a fan of doing that with rifle cans personally).

The bigger difference in my opinion is that an end user can completely remove and take apart the Dead Air mount. That's fantastic to me, as someone who has an AAC can with a 51T mounting system in which the lever is a wear item but can't be replaced by the end user.

I think both are excellent mounts and excellent silencers, but I prefer the Dead Air mounting system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    Dead Air's mount is a true one-hand on/off, while Rugged's mount requires rotating the suppressor down and then rotating the locking collar down.
    This is ridiculous.

Rugged cans are "a true one-hand on/off" as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_Forest View Post
    This is ridiculous.

Rugged cans are "a true one-hand on/off" as well.
    No they aren't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are both great manufacturers but if it comes down to mounting system alone then Dead Air wins, hands down.

Feedback Score
    I have both Dead Air and Rugged cans in my collection and the Dead Air is far and away my preferred mounting option. The Rugged is not any less solid once attached but the Dead Air is significantly easier to use and maintain. The cans themselves are a wash (to my ears) performance wise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No they aren't.
    Maybe he means that you don't need two hands to put one on, but I feel the DA mount gives more options. The guys that like the suppressors under the handguards will be able to take the DA's on and off easier than the rugged since you spin it on and then have to lock a collar on the rugged. I don't own either, but have tried both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dead Air has the best QD system on the market at the moment. Easiest to use, easiest to service, and redundant locking lugs mark it nearly impossible to launch the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    No they aren't.
    Legitimately curious if you are physically handicapped, because they absolutely are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also really like the Dead Air Key Mo.

I actually have a ASR set up from SiCo and ran it with my Omega 300.

During Black Friday I bought Dead Air brakes and the Key Mo mount to swap it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast