Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Air vs Rugged mounts

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Dead Air vs Rugged mounts

In reviewing comments, it appears both mounting designs are equally capable for safe and solid suppressor mounting. Is anyone familiar with the strengths or weaknesses of Dead Air vs Rugged? I've narrowed my future suppressor choice between these two companies for multiple suppressors.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Dead Air's mount is a true one-hand on/off, while Rugged's mount requires rotating the suppressor down and then rotating the locking collar down. You could put the Dead Air silencers under a handguard if you so desired (not a fan of doing that with rifle cans personally).

The bigger difference in my opinion is that an end user can completely remove and take apart the Dead Air mount. That's fantastic to me, as someone who has an AAC can with a 51T mounting system in which the lever is a wear item but can't be replaced by the end user.

I think both are excellent mounts and excellent silencers, but I prefer the Dead Air mounting system.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also really like the Dead Air Key Mo.

I actually have a ASR set up from SiCo and ran it with my Omega 300.

During Black Friday I bought Dead Air brakes and the Key Mo mount to swap it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't have any experience with Rugged but I like how easy the Dead Air is to break loose when you cook one fast to the mount.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very helpful comments, keep them coming - thank you! For the obvious reason, I want to think this through carefully as I've moving from direct thread and old AAC mounts with my cans. I've decided 2018 will be my year to upgrade cans and have a single mounting system for all platforms.

Cool pic thank you...

1969-ford-mustang-side.jpg
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I too upgraded to the Dead Air Key Mo system during Black Friday. A very well made and rugged system. The lessening chance of a carbon weld based on what I’ve read is a huge plus.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use dead air keymount for all my quick attach systems. Downfall of rugged/silenerco is twisting the collar to lock it down. I have also seen the taper on rugged silencers leak, as for my keymounts I never seen/had gas blow back. Personally its up to you on what route you wanna go.
    I have Sig, Dead Air, ASR SiCo just to name a few
    The one handed attachment and able to breakdown the mount for cleaning was the biggest sell for me.

Feedback Score
    I have zero experience with the Dead Air but I have 100% satisfaction with my Rugged. I have used it on 6.5 creed bolt gun, .300 black out AR, .223 AR and a .308 bolt gun. I never had any issues with it leaking. It is easy off and on with little chance of screwing up and sending the can down range. Oh, and the GAP...damn gap.jpg

Feedback Score
    Get the can that fits what you need. For myself I needed a shorter can for a SBR, but wanted full-size suppression for several bolt guns. Hence, the Rugged Surge.

The Rugged modularity is nice. The Dead Air mounting system is nicer. First can, I'd go Dead Air Sandman S. Both are great options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    Dead Air's mount is a true one-hand on/off, while Rugged's mount requires rotating the suppressor down and then rotating the locking collar down.
    This is ridiculous.

Rugged cans are "a true one-hand on/off" as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast