Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Next ACOG?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The Next ACOG?

So the latest additions to the lineup were LED versions of the 31 and 11. Any thoughts on what might be up next? Any wishful thinking? My guess is maybe an LED 33. AAA powered perhaps?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I'd like to see an LED 33 and a new reticle option. A German type with clear view on top. With a 50 yd zero I don't see a need for hold-under marking for non-precision use. Easy enough to estimate at 50-200 yds. Faster target aquisition and hold over hashmarks only where needed. Feel free to correct my ignorance of tactical reticle needs.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Duplicate
    Last edited by uffdaphil; 12-10-17 at 18:21.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I also want a battery powered TA33. I wouldn't really care about a new reticle however.

I have heard rumors about something very similar coming out soon though. Can't confirm yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I also want a battery powered TA33. I wouldn't really care about a new reticle however.

I have heard rumors about something very similar coming out soon though. Can't confirm yet though.
    That would explain why most of the TA33 stock has pretty much dried up everywhere. If they are switching over to a new powered option, I would really like that.

I had a TA33 for a little while and I have been thinking recently that maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. One of the complaints I had was the inconsistent lighting problem. Outside in the sun it was too bright, inside it was too dim. Having the option to light it up might lure me back.

Well that, and a little bit of a price break. If they were around $750-850 it would be a very reasonable sight option. Right now the MAP, which most vendors seem to stick to is just too much for what you get other than the light weight. Which I am willing to pay a premium for, but not that much of a premium.

Think it will be announced, if anything, at SHOT?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Think it will be announced, if anything, at SHOT?
    I don't work for the company that is going to be making it, so I can't say if it will be or not. That being said, I am in the market for a TA33 right now, but I am waiting for this new TA33-like optic to drop instead of buying the already awesome TA33. I do think it will be that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    I would like to see a led TA44. Or something that I have been wishing for a long time a TA31 with a longer eye relief. Light weight huge fov.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I would like to see a led TA44. Or something that I have been wishing for a long time a TA31 with a longer eye relief. Light weight huge fov.
    Short eye relief is the price you pay for that huge FOV in a TA31. More eye relief = TA11, which in turn closes down the FOV a bit.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Short eye relief is the price you pay for that huge FOV in a TA31. More eye relief = TA11, which in turn closes down the FOV a bit.
    I know. With acogs you can have it all just not with one particular model. Although that would be a near perfect acog.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    If you pull your eye back away from the scope with a 31, you can have the eye relief and FOV of the 11, it's just hard to make yourself do it. Once you get used to centering the image in the shadow it's quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast