Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Brownell's really sell me a legit Milspec/OEM Colt part?

Feedback Score
    There are Colt "Expanse" grade parts that are out there now, and they are NOT the same as Colt military.

Better options available, indeed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 6920 with the overspray on the white rail markings as well, also doesn't have a ''C'' on the carrier. The extractor has a ''T'' mark in it with the gold spring, almost wondered if that stood for toolcraft.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have noticed several BCG recently in the last 2 months that do not have the C marking on the carrier.

I am not happy about it.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's gonna hurt 'em on the secondary market.

No C stamp? Not a Colt. I don't care what you say.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's gonna hurt 'em on the secondary market.

No C stamp? Not a Colt. I don't care what you say.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I have noticed several BCG recently in the last 2 months that do not have the C marking on the carrier.

I am not happy about it.
    With CDNN having a boat load of the Colt Competition parts and selling them as Colt, albeit it usually Colt Competition, though most people see that are are only reading it as being Colt, any Colt parts on the market at the moment have me hesitant. I know some have been saying that the parts, or at least some of the parts, are to the exact same specs, but, I am sorry if I just don't trust what is in essence the economy line. At least I don't trust them for something that I would bet the farm on. I have a couple beater/experiment/I don't know what the hell I am doing with this POS builds that I wouldn't care, but those parts are getting segregated like it is the 1950's from my good shit.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I think a better option for a BCG would be BCM. It checks all the right boxes, is marketed by a known quality supplier, and costs less.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    scottryan,

I’m simply asking the question for my own education from you as a Colt expert...

Is the issue of no C marking more of a quality assurance comfort or secondary/ resale one?

I own several Colts and all have the C mark on the carrier. However, as previously posted in this thread, I just took delivery last Friday of a brand new Colt SOCOM 14.5 complete upper from a very reputable source and it did not have the C marking on the carrier. The bolt is MPC marked with the white dot, the extractor spring is the copper variety. When compared to the other C marked BCG from my other Colts, the gas key staking is in fact better than a few other and overall quality seems very much on par with the others.

Put a few rounds (100) through it this weekend and was very happy with the initial run.

Curious on your expert perspectives. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post

I am not happy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    scottryan,

I’m simply asking the question for my own education from you as a Colt expert...

Is the issue of no C marking more of a quality assurance comfort or secondary/ resale one?

I own several Colts and all have the C mark on the carrier. However, as previously posted in this thread, I just took delivery last Friday of a brand new Colt SOCOM 14.5 complete upper from a very reputable source and it did not have the C marking on the carrier. The bolt is MPC marked with the white dot, the extractor spring is the copper variety. When compared to the other C marked BCG from my other Colts, the gas key staking is in fact better than a few other and overall quality seems very much on par with the others.

Put a few rounds (100) through it this weekend and was very happy with the initial run.

Curious on your expert perspectives. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDK how hard you looked but you might want to check again. I bought a CCU that upon initial inspection, I did not see the "C". After rubbing some oil on the carrier, it is indeed there. Faint but there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    IDK how hard you looked but you might want to check again. I bought a CCU that upon initial inspection, I did not see the "C". After rubbing some oil on the carrier, it is indeed there. Faint but there.
    Same with the new Colt bcg I purchased Black Friday, a little oil, good lighting and careful examination clearly revealed the coveted letter C.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast