Thread: MRO mount orientation question.

Feedback Score

MRO mount orientation question.

I've had 3 MROs with AD QD mounts and a Battle Steel mount for a few months. I've mounted all of them with the lever on the right side (above ejection port). For some reason, just today, I've noticed that the dot is quite off center of the optic. Seems like the base of the MRO isn't symmetric. Before I go remounting the bases and resighting the rifles, can someone confirm, if the MRO is reversible on the AD mount or the Battle Steel mount?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
    I've had 3 MROs with AD QD mounts and a Battle Steel mount for a few months. I've mounted all of them with the lever on the right side (above ejection port). For some reason, just today, I've noticed that the dot is quite off center of the optic. Seems like the base of the MRO isn't symmetric. Before I go remounting the bases and resighting the rifles, can someone confirm, if the MRO is reversible on the AD mount or the Battle Steel mount?
    Do you mean the optic is off center of the rail? The dot will only be centered when your eye directly behind the sight. It can be mounted either way but most people would want the clamp opposite of the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    I've rotated one of the AD mounts. Was only off by 3 clicks. The optic is symmetric then. But the dot is certainly is off center. Odd.