Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NY Port Authority Explosion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am not for throwing the Constitution out the window. I am however for holding people that want to immigrate accountable. I also don't see the need to allow the whole extended family to immigrate just cause 1 guy wins a lottery.
    In your above post you mention that people who may have had nothing to do with a criminal act should be punished simply cause they are related to a criminal. So your cousin shoots someone and you forfeit your guns cause you’re related. Not cause you helped him or were involved in a crime, but simply cause you’re related. Tell me what part of that concept doesn’t violate the Constitution or years of legal precedent.

I agree with you 100% on better immigration vetting. Not only if the person coming here, but also if the individuals sponsoring them. We WANT chain migration from families that have shown they have a history of assimilation and success. We DONT want chain migration from families that have shown government dependence. It’s not hard to set up a system that vets that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Did you vouch for your cousin's integrity?
    Yes but I don't know what he'll do 10, 20, 40 years from now. Even the worst people were good at one point. Maybe he moves away and becomes a neo Nazi at some point!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 12-13-17 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Same thing then.

He moves from PA to TX. At one point.....say 5 years from now converts to Islam and eventually, in a few more years, decides to go jihad. How is that my fault? Do I need to fly to TX every day? Every week? Should I not allow any family members to leave my sight in the off chance that they some stupid idea?

You dont call him at least once a week to see how he's doing?

I'm not trying to be harsh but in a way, yeah
    You gotta kinda earn your spot in America if you wanna stay.

Or you could just come in illegal like these others.

These other countries ride folks out on a rail just for looking at people wrong

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You dont call him at least once a week to see how he's doing?

I'm not trying to be harsh but in a way, yeah
    You gotta kinda earn your spot in America if you wanna stay.

Or you could just come in illegal like these others.

These other countries ride folks out on a rail just for looking at people wrong
    Yea sure...you can call. How many people you call that tell everything that's going on in their lives?

Do your cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, tell you everything? And do you speak to them once a week?

How's it going?

Oh great! Just yesterday I decided to rob a bank/become a jihadi/commit insurance fraud/sell drugs... And I think tomorrow I'm going to get shit faced and plow my car into someone!

Last edited by Arik; 12-13-17 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually I do try to talk to folks once a week.

I get where you are coming from and I feel you but again, we could be a little less liberal in how we do things.

If you got folks who wanna work and be decent great.

But if you come from a terrorist shithole and everybody shows up wearing puma track jackets of military age and all then they can piss right off.

I dont gotta put up with the bullshit. We got enough dumbass real americans going off on a fit. We dont need it from outsiders too.

We dont need the 72 Virgin challenge every couple of weeks like London.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Immediate family only. C'mon. Theres no need for multiple generations to basically 'get in' on the chain visa. If they are adults they can apply independently. If they are minors their caregiver adults need to apply independently. I do not even know why someones parents would 'need' to get in on a chain visa, they are old and responsible enough to apply independently. Today isn't 50 years ago. Things are different.

Feedback Score
    Or we could just stop importing people that hold ideas and beliefs that are incompatible with western liberal democracy....
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    NO ONE has a God-given right to come here.

NO ONE.

It is at our leisure and through our good will alone.

Don't like that attitude? Don't come here. We'll do fine without you, trust me.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yes but I don't know what he'll do 10, 20, 40 years from now. Even the worst people were good at one point. Maybe he moves away and becomes a neo Nazi at some point!
    So how long was this guy here before he did his deed?

Little 7yo Mujibar comes in, and 30 years later radicalizes, yeah, I'd give his sponsoring family a pass.

17yo comes in under sponsorship, and 2 years later goes jihadi, maybe the sponsors needed to have some accountability. They are vouching for him.

I'm done with diversity lottery immigration, and the chain immigration that follows. And even if we had merit based immigration, chain should only be immediate relative. (Child, spouse or parent) Wanna bring in Uncle Bob, after a few years good behavior you could sponsor him. Not unlimited, and not without vetting, etc.

Go look at Canada or Australia immigration. Canada has a web test you can take which will score your chances of getting in. Hint: many who threaten to become a Canadian citizen couldn't.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Immediate family only. C'mon. Theres no need for multiple generations to basically 'get in' on the chain visa. If they are adults they can apply independently. If they are minors their caregiver adults need to apply independently. I do not even know why someones parents would 'need' to get in on a chain visa, they are old and responsible enough to apply independently. Today isn't 50 years ago. Things are different.
    The biggest positive for chain migration is the immediate non governmental support system available to them. No need for any services as their family is the service. I’ll take 10 generations if engineers, doctors, carpenters, plumbers... over any individual who has no support system but the bloody government if the SHTF.

You want immigrants off welfare, WIC, CHIP? You don’t do that by parachuting in individuals. And you don’t do it by letting those who are takers sponsor new arrivals. You do it by bringing in people whose families can support and help assimilate new arrivals into our culture.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast