Thread: Crye Precision and shrinking.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Crye Precision and shrinking.

So recently I bought a pair of Crye field pants in 32 short. They were still to long but hey I’m 5’6 so that’s just a fact of life. However the waist was huge, I’m taking a belt wouldn’t get it tight enough without uncomfortable bunching. I returned them for 30 short, the waist was a little tight but not uncomfortable. I decide to run them through the was before wearing them and I can hardly get them buttoned now. Has anyone else experienced this with Crye 50/50 NYCO stuff? My waist is a 31 so I’m right in between it seems. Do the G3 combat pants shrink? Would a 32 waist in those be safer than the field pants? I did search about the shrinking but I can’t seem to find the answer, here or on google. Maybe just wash cold and hang dry? I’m tempted to buy the field pants again in 32 and see if they shrink to something closer to a 31.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My fields didn’t shrink. And they are second quality from Sportsmans Guide.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    My fields didn’t shrink. And they are second quality from Sportsmans Guide.
    Maybe I will wash in cold and low dry and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    I don't own any Crye pants, but any clothing items with cotton will shrink to some degree if you heat it up. To minimize the damage, I agree that cold washing and low-heat dry first would be best and check the fit then.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I hate it when my pants just “shrink” for no reason at all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrx View Post
    Maybe I will wash in cold and low dry and see what happens.
    I used a cold wash and mid/high heat. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by eaboecke View Post

You ain’t kidding. I was ecstatic to have to send the 38s I bought back because they were too big.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eaboecke View Post

Very constructive, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    I don't own any Crye pants, but any clothing items with cotton will shrink to some degree if you heat it up. To minimize the damage, I agree that cold washing and low-heat dry first would be best and check the fit then.
    I guess I just didn't expect them to shrink that much being a 50/50 blend.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I used a cold wash and mid/high heat. No problems.

You ain’t kidding. I was ecstatic to have to send the 38s I bought back because they were too big.
    Re washed them cold, hung to dry, stretched back out to just right. I suppose I wasn't expecting them to shrink all that much being a blend.