Thread: 5.11 Men's Defender-Flex Tactical Jeans

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

5.11 Men's Defender-Flex Tactical Jeans

So these don't seem to stay in stock very long, I'm guessing that means they are well made/comfortable. That said, any "end users" care to comment on fit, sizing etc? , are these as comfortable a BDU's for instance? or are these made for "athletes" Thanks

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve got 2 pairs of them. One pair when they first came out I got the “slim” ones they are comfortable . My second pair I just picked up are the regular or straight fit and they are sooo much more comfortable. They aren’t as thick and heavy duty as say a pair of Levi jeans but I believe they will last a long time. I will be getting more of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have three pairs of the straight fit ones and wear them nearly every day. They fit exactly like the 5.11 Stryke pants, which is to say extremely comfortable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I have three pairs of the straight fit ones and wear them nearly every day. They fit exactly like the 5.11 Stryke pants, which is to say extremely comfortable.
    Thanks, follow up questions, I wear the 511 Tactical pant at work, would you say they fit and are sized about the same?

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    They are OK. I find the front pockets aren't deep enough, a larger phone sticks out. The other issue is they use way too much dye. I had to wash 6 times alone to get them to stop bleeding but if you scratch your leg with your fingers they will turn blue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't had any issues with dye bleeding at all. I wash mine inside out with cold water. Mine are the ones that have the kind of faded/washed look, not the solid dark indigo ones. Those look weird to me since they used blue stitching too.

I think the 5.11 Tactical Pant looks like a more traditional fit than the Stryke pant, so the crotch is probably lower/looser than the Strykes/Defender Flex.

Like I said, the straight fit jeans fit identically to the Stryke pant to me.

The jeans are thinner than Levis, as mentioned above, but they are so much more comfortable - no binding, stretchy all over, and much better belt loops. I find the rear "AR mag" pockets are great for sticking a small flashlight in. I carry my Droid Turbo 2 in my left front pocket, and keys in my right front, with my knife clipped to my right pocket. There's extra material on both front pockets where a knife clips. One thing - dog hair sticks to the legs like crazy for some reason.

Now, I think they are way over priced for what they are. I bought all three of mine at the grand opening of the Atlanta/Kennesaw 5.11 store so I paid like $49ea, which I think is a fair price for them. That being said when these wear out I'll be buying more at full price without heartache.