Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Doug Jones (D) wins Alabama senate race.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you were creating the perfect weapon to use against MAGA, this is it.
    This was thought up about fifteen minutes after "I just grab them by the pu**y hit the airwaves and it's been rolling forward ever since.
    For the most part Bannon has been on point, but since he's been off of the Trump cabinet he's been making some serious mistakes and this one might be the biggest.
    Yeah, I hate the GOP establishment, but this was worse than a simple mistake, this was a major error that not only re-enforced this tactic as a good one, but it may stop Trump's agenda in its tracks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Let’s set up a pool to see how long before these bastions of women’s rights fade into the darkness now that their jobs are done.

I would love to see More go after these people for libel now that he has suffered actual damages from their false claims.
    Do you really think they were false? I don't. Do I think they would have seen the light of day if he hadn't attempted to gain the seat? No, they would have remained buried.

But yeah, he's that snaky 25 year-old guy that used to hang around the high school picking up his 16 year old girl friend. If he wasn't that guy, none of this would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Moore was basically an Alabama Hillary candidate. A piece of crap that no one liked, but because of our primary system and fixers got on the ballot.

Trump should have B'slapped Bannon and went in more for Strange. That Moore guy is an a'hole. What kind of putz wears a cowboy hat and rides a horse in public east of the Mississippi? He as all hat and no brain cattle.

I get Bannon's hatred of the establishment GOP, but for God's sake, show some intelligence and class. So Bannon, the strategist thought that having this dumbass in the Senate would be a plus to the Trump Agenda? His idea laying this dookie under the dome to tweak the GOP establishment is right, but this idiot would have been the face of the GOP nationwide- and that asshat in a cowboy hat ran towards mics like they were a high school sophomores. So Bannon, in one fell swoop has endangered the whole Trump Agenda? He sounds more like a false flag carrier for the GoldmanSachs crew than anything.

How in the hell was this supposed to work?

The good news is that he Dem has to vote for a lot of GOP stuff or he'll be out after this term. The bad news is he can do a lot of damage in the mean time.

If the content of the attacks wasn't politically motivated, the timing surely was.
    Excellent post, but you forgot the cheesy vest Moore often wore.

ETA: I was on his side during the Ten Commandment Law Suits. They do serve as a reminder of the origin of our laws. Opening Court with state-sponsored prayer, not so much, I can see the issue there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Excellent post, but you forgot the cheesy vest Moore often wore.

ETA: I was on his side during the Ten Commandment Law Suits. They do serve as a reminder of the origin of our laws. Opening Court with state-sponsored prayer, not so much, I can see the issue there.
    Freedom of religion isn't freedom from religion. While I'm not saying that you have to ascribe to religion, to be blind to the historical role that religion has taken in our society and the law in particular is revisionist history.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    My prediction was if Bernie got the nomination all was lost.
    You can’t compete with someone offering everyone a ton of “free” stuff.

When Hillary got the nomination, she is so uncharismatic I knew the replublicans had a chance.

But who have they been grooming? It’s like they are Apollo Creed in Rocky 1 all oblivious and not getting their crap together. But for years.

Trump steps in. He shakes things up. It was hard to reconcile but at the end of the day it was a big FU to politics as usual.

The left’s response was as expected, only even more intense and more prolonged. They truly want to burn this bitch down and a new tanker truck and crew just showed up.

The right’s response is a complete 180from what I expected.
    I thought it would serve as a huge wake up call.
    A clear message from the voters.
    And a setting to get stuff done.
    Nope.
    All cock block and no wing man.
    Completely disgusting.
    Ruined opportunity now,
    Which sets us up to fail to get future opportunities.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    You posted a picture of "Republican Jesus" condoning rape. You added ZERO discussion so as to allow the picture to speak for you.
    Nevermind that the picture implies that rape occured as fact.

When there was no police report, not even allegations until decades later and then only just before an election when it was too late to change candidates.

Disingenuous at best, blatant lie/propaganda in reality.

I did not like the guy, he failed my gut check miserably when Hannity queried him directly on the issues. Gave non answers that Hillary would have been proud of.

The LIE implied in that picture / meme is the worst kind of weaponized propaganda from the left. If left unchallenged you get the same type of issue as you are racist if you disagreed with Obama, etc.

They have already conflated Trump's stupid bragging about groupie behavior into "admitted he committed sexual assault".

They repeat the LIE enough and it becomes accepted as truth. We can't allow that to happen, no matter how distasteful we feel about the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Only someone who chooses to be ignorant about how slavery and Jim Crow were instituted and executed could say such things... The result, I assure you, is not the same.
    OK, so the civil war was only about the institution of slavery? That explains why blacks did so well in the following decades in the North and South? Under total control of the victors (the North).

Jim Crow was bad. Yet I sat in fully integrated schools in the early 70s in the South and watched/read about riots over integration in Boston and other Northern cities. Do as I say, not as I do.

My guess is that you've never followed the timeline preceding and up to Ft Sumter. Charleston was blockaded and starving, and not over slavery. The roots of the war go back several years. And probably would have occured even if slavery had not existed.

I've read every document of succession of the original Confederate states. Yep, a couple lead with slavery. And in others is was barely mentioned, and then only in states rights context.

Don't get me wrong, slavery was immoral and wrong. Needed to end, and the South was wrong to defend it. But it would ended on its own just due to the shift in industrialization and changes in agriculture techniques as well as demand.

But to not understand that it was essentially a proxy issue to deal with the South directly trading with industrialized England rather than the north-eastern US is simply ignorant.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

When there was no police report, not even allegations until decades later and then only just before an election when it was too late to change candidates.

I did not like the guy, he failed my gut check miserably when Hannity queried him directly on the issues. Gave non answers that Hillary would have been proud of.

The LIE implied in that picture / meme is the worst kind of weaponized propaganda from the left. If left unchallenged you get the same type of issue as you are racist if you disagreed with Obama, etc.

They have already conflated Trump's stupid bragging about groupie behavior into "admitted he committed sexual assault".

They repeat the LIE enough and it becomes accepted as truth. We can't allow that to happen, no matter how distasteful we feel about the individual.
    This isn't going forward, no one will make an effort to see that justice is done. If those Women are being honest, they will see just how much "love and Sympathy" the Democrats have for them now that the election is over.
    I've yet to see any evidence of any crime that happened forty years ago. A lot of conflicting statements and a year book that the owner Openly confessed that she altered.
    I would like to say, "We got duped", but we didn't. Moore was a crappy candidate with a lackluster shot at winning the office. He simply had no chance after guys like McConnel objected to him running. We didn't get "duped" a lot of Americans got caught up in the fervor of Weinstien, the better ones wanted hard evidence before convicting a guy based on a story in the newspaper.
    We deserve the government we get, if you aren't understanding whats going on, it's a shame.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This isn't going forward, no one will make an effort to see that justice is done. If those Women are being honest, they will see just how much "love and Sympathy" the Democrats have for them now that the election is over.
    I've yet to see any evidence of any crime that happened forty years ago. A lot of conflicting statements and a year book that the owner Openly confessed that she altered.
    I would like to say, "We got duped", but we didn't. Moore was a crappy candidate with a lackluster shot at winning the office. He simply had no chance after guys like McConnel objected to him running. We didn't get "duped" a lot of Americans got caught up in the fervor of Weinstien, the better ones wanted hard evidence before convicting a guy based on a story in the newspaper.
    We deserve the government we get, if you aren't understanding whats going on, it's a shame.
    I know people who voted for him, one of them being my dad. He did not like him, but also recognized that even after all the innuendo there was nothing that could be substantiated or charged.

Given the suspicious timing and the fact that the other candidates were worse, he held his nose.

I understand that I thought process. It sucks.

My view is it's the Republican's fault, and specifically the multiple candidates who divided the vote.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    My prediction was if Bernie got the nomination all was lost.
    You can’t compete with someone offering everyone a ton of “free” stuff.

When Hillary got the nomination, she is so uncharismatic I knew the replublicans had a chance.

But who have they been grooming? It’s like they are Apollo Creed in Rocky 1 all oblivious and not getting their crap together. But for years.

Trump steps in. He shakes things up. It was hard to reconcile but at the end of the day it was a big FU to politics as usual.

The left’s response was as expected, only even more intense and more prolonged. They truly want to burn this bitch down and a new tanker truck and crew just showed up.

The right’s response is a complete 180from what I expected.
    I thought it would serve as a huge wake up call.
    A clear message from the voters.
    And a setting to get stuff done.
    Nope.
    All cock block and no wing man.
    Completely disgusting.
    Ruined opportunity now,
    Which sets us up to fail to get future opportunities.
    That's it in a nutshell. Very spot on post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

OK, so the civil war was only about the institution of slavery? That explains why blacks did so well in the following decades in the North and South? Under total control of the victors (the North).

Jim Crow was bad. Yet I sat in fully integrated schools in the early 70s in the South and watched/read about riots over integration in Boston and other Northern cities. Do as I say, not as I do.

My guess is that you've never followed the timeline preceding and up to Ft Sumter. Charleston was blockaded and starving, and not over slavery. The roots of the war go back several years. And probably would have occured even if slavery had not existed.

I've read every document of succession of the original Confederate states. Yep, a couple lead with slavery. And in others is was barely mentioned, and then only in states rights context.

Don't get me wrong, slavery was immoral and wrong. Needed to end, and the South was wrong to defend it. But it would ended on its own just due to the shift in industrialization and changes in agriculture techniques as well as demand.

But to not understand that it was essentially a proxy issue to deal with the South directly trading with industrialized England rather than the north-eastern US is simply ignorant.
    Spot on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The Republican Party are the Washington Generals to the Democrat Globe Trotters. The GOP simply looks like they are doing something, make a little while playing to lose.
    Man did you hit this nail squarely on the head.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast