Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75B SA

Feedback Score

75B SA

Spotted and grabbed a CZ75b SA last week. Was finally able to make it to the range after work today. i put 350 rounds of remington 115gr target loads through her. We experienced no problems aside from 4 underpowered rounds which the gun still cycled through without issue.Prior to this initial test, I adjusted the overtravel on the trigger as well as installed hogue wrap around grips. I recommend familiarizing yourself with sear/hammer claw dynamics beforehand.

Now, the 75b SA is very similar to the original 75b. It differs however in the length of the beavertail, safety design, trigger, extended mag release, and heavier slide.

The SA incorporates a newer style beavertail. For someone like myself, with large beefy hands, the extended beavertail offers more space to acquire a high grip. I utilize the same grip on my standard 75b, but under stress I tend to actually get the web on my hand on and around the top of the beavertail. On the SA, this was a non factor. The SA beavertail simply allows for a more aggressive hold. This became glaringly obvious during my failure to stop drills where i noticed i tend to start quite high on the grip in anticipation of controlling recoil and subsequent follow up shots.

Im always concerned about trigger control, recoil control, and sight picture retention. The SA proved more than capable of absorbing the recoil. Without much effort on my part, I was able to manage muzzle rise to a degree where my sight picture was uninterrupted during double taps and quick transitions. I attribute this to the SA's heavier front end.

In addition to the recoil dampening weight of the gun's reciprocating mass, the trigger allowed me as the shooter to focus on allll the other parts of shooting(for the most part). I dont have a pressure scale, but the trigger is around 4 pounds im approximating. it doesnt have a clean break per say, but i i know when its about to break. The reset is much too long and it caused me to short stroke it once durong my drills. However, its lightness combined with its blade like contour and minimal overtravel enabled me to shoot without thinking about the trigger pull. I will be upgrading the trigger group, but Im not in any hurry to do so. It is sufficient for now.

The safety is ambi and has a more positive feeling than the standard 75b safety. i would not feel comfortable carrying the standard 75b cocked and locked. I would however feel comfortable carrying the SA in such a condition.

Now, the bad. CZ F'd up majorly on this set of sights. The rear is uneven in the "u" portion that you look through. this causes me to pull the front to the left to compensate for what my eyes are seeing. No big deal. I plan to replace these immediately anyway. CZ, you guys know better!

In conclusion, this firearm is a winner. It retains the solid 75b foundation, but incorporates some single action simplicity, feel, and an edge that I enjoy so much in a pistol. It feels like a 75b that has been lifting weights and its just begging for a trip to CGW for a duo tone finish and a "its my american right, culpably negligently light, i cant believe its not butter" trigger job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a '91 built Pre-B converted to SAO. I use the same grips, they have worn well over the years. The trigger can be tuned quite well, mine was done by Angus Hobdell. After experimenting with recoil spring weight I have found that factory standard weight is best for reliability.

Feedback Score
    I think that the trigger in mine could have been better out of the box given that it's single action. I also agree that the factory sights are terrible, but I had to replace mine anyway for use with a suppressor. I fitted a threaded barrel for fun times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you look carefully the hammer cams back as the trigger is pulled, odd for a SAO but that's CZ for you.

Feedback Score
    That's exactly what mine does. The trigger in my double action full sized small framed steel 9mm Witness is better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love the 75B SA. Nice choice. I almost bought one, but then saw a new in box, 1991 Pre-B, and bought that instead. I am leaving it totally stock, and its a good shooter as is. My 75B has slight camming, my Pre-B, PCR, and 97B don't seem to have any, or it is very, very small. I am sure it is there though. It has never bothered me.

I like the frame upgrades on the 75B SA, I think my 2016 97B has them, but it is also a bigger frame. Enjoy the pistol, and have fun modding it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    If you look carefully the hammer cams back as the trigger is pulled, odd for a SAO but that's CZ for you.
    Because of the design of the Tanfoglio FPB, the trigger is usually better OTB. I have only handled a few SA CZs and OTB, they seem to have VERY gritty triggers. I'm sure they will smooth out over time, and the SA looks cool.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Picked up a 75B SA today. Pretty nice trigger SA, but a bit of creep. It’ll end up with some CGW stuff I’m sure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've got one and it's my favorite 9. I have the race hammer, ordering the SRS2 as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    I've got one and it's my favorite 9. I have the race hammer, ordering the SRS2 as well.
    Did the race hammer do away with camming of hammer hooks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast