Thread: S&B BR-1 reticle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

S&B BR-1 reticle

I was looking at S&Bs the other day (long way from buying one trust me) and noticed the Leupold Mk 8 CQBSS analog, the S&B 1-8, had this weird but European BR-1 reticle.

Could find no images aside from a youtube video where it looked okay at 8x but totally disappeared at 1x. I do not know if that is due to the camera or scope but it didnt look right.

I was hoping they would have a Horus for the 1-8s by now.

Just curious
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by TomMcC; 12-14-17 at 02:26. Reason: nbgac

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I was looking at S&Bs the other day (long way from buying one trust me) and noticed the Leupold Mk 8 CQBSS analog, the S&B 1-8, had this weird but European BR-1 reticle.

Could find no images aside from a youtube video where it looked okay at 8x but totally disappeared at 1x. I do not know if that is due to the camera or scope but it didnt look right.

I was hoping they would have a Horus for the 1-8s by now.

Just curious
    The reticle appears to disappear because it's a first focal plane scope. This is why FFP is not that great an idea in LPVOs. You're only really going to be ranging using the max magnification anyway, so there's no real reason to have a first focal plane reticle in them.

I'm also not sure what good a Horus reticle is gonna do in such a low-power optic. It would mostly just obscure the sight picture.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting.

The Horus on the CQBSS is actually pretty slick. This, eh a bit too european.
    I was hoping some European people might know more but as is looks lame.

One day....one day the Mk. 8 shall be mine