Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Vortex 1-6 Mount

Feedback Score

Geissele Vortex 1-6 Mount

I'm planning to move the mount my Vortex Razor current sits in to another optic, so I'm in the market for a new mount. Originally was going to take this opportunity to try out the Geissele Vortex specific mount, only to discover its out of stock everywhere. From my understanding, the difference is the space between the rings is set for the Vortex specifically. Otherwise, I could just use the standard 30mm mount.

So aside from looking a little unbalanced, is there a reason to wait for the Vortex mount to come back? Or will the regular 30mm mount be fine?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    I'm planning to move the mount my Vortex Razor current sits in to another optic, so I'm in the market for a new mount. Originally was going to take this opportunity to try out the Geissele Vortex specific mount, only to discover its out of stock everywhere. From my understanding, the difference is the space between the rings is set for the Vortex specifically. Otherwise, I could just use the standard 30mm mount.

So aside from looking a little unbalanced, is there a reason to wait for the Vortex mount to come back? Or will the regular 30mm mount be fine?

They look to be currently in stock here : http://www.tacticallink.com/Geissele...ics-Black.html

http://www.tacticallink.com/Geissele...irt-Color.html

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Rhyyke;2573694]I'm planning to move the mount my Vortex Razor current sits in to another optic, so I'm in the market for a new mount. Originally was going to take this opportunity to try out the Geissele Vortex specific mount, only to discover its out of stock everywhere. From my understanding, the difference is the space between the rings is set for the Vortex specifically. Otherwise, I could just use the standard 30mm mount.

So aside from looking a little unbalanced, is there a reason to wait for the Vortex mount to come back? Or will the regular 30mm mount be fine?[/QUOTE

The space between the rings is somewhat inconsequential. The forward offset that it allows on an AR to give you proper eye relief is more critical.

If you can wait until around SHOT show to buy a mount I would.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Introduction to Geissele's Super Precision Scope Mounts : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvftSqBxac

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IMG_20171027_101521839.jpg
    This is the SOPMOD mount and how it will offset the scope. You can buy these for around $243 last sale. This offset eye relief is equivalent to approximately an A2 length stock, nose to charging handle would be pushed more forward. I chose to move it back so shooting position/eye relief was similar to my NF2.5x10, both are 3.5 to 4" relief.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 12-15-17 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IMG_20171216_104019758.jpg
    This shows a NF 2.5x10x32 in a Geissele extended mount with similar eye relief. The SOPMOD mount falls between the standard and extended mounts, and creates more room at the rear for a backup iron sight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LMT/556; 12-16-17 at 09:43. Reason: Pic orientation

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post

I was faced with this decision with a gen 2 pst and Geissele just said to get the standard mount so i did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    I was faced with this decision with a gen 2 pst and Geissele just said to get the standard mount so i did.
    Ended up grabbing the standard mount as I found one used but nib for a great price.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post

I ordered this mount from that place about six months ago. They slapped a UPS shipping label to the factory Geissele box. I was buying this mount for a friend of mine and it looked like shit when it arrived.

When this was brought to their attention, they became very defensive and unprofessional. I sent the mount back and then has to dispute the shipping charge on my credit card.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I may be wrong on this, but my understanding with the optic-specific mount is to allow for minor differences in tube/finish thickness. There was one member I recall that has put a Kahles in the Vortex specific 30mm only to find that the ring caps have no gap left; I experienced the same with a S&B in a Vortex mount compared to using the general 30mm and 34mm mount for other scopes.

...this is just a hypothesis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast