Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 light

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmedic_ View Post
    I carry an XC1 on my G19.5, I was surprised by how bright it was. This is for CC. I was using an X300, but it’s just too uncomfortable for me, so it’s been repurposed for non-CC. Doesn’t extend beyond the muzzle, and really doesn’t add any considerable bulk. They just released a new XC1 w/ 300 lumens and one that has a laser, as well. If you’re into that. My point is CC- XC1, open- X300. Get both, if you like having options, like I do.
    Pretty much this.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    The X300U will work without issue.

I use the X300 for all my lighting needs. Carbon isn't an issue for the lights. Q-Tip, little bit of water and regular Colgate toothpaste. Rinse and you're done.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have been rocking the APL-C. I like it so far. I have yet to try an XC1/B. I don't care for the X300U on the 19, as I've kept the APL-C on full-time for everyday CCW. I will say the drawback to the APL-C versus the XC1/B is the cost and availability of the battery. CR2 vs AAA, there is no comparison.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been running a OLight Pl-Mini on my P229R for about 3 months. I was looking for a light that did not protrude past the end of my barrel. This light has been excellent to date. Can recharge it still attached to the weapon with ease. Bright, great price and design and has been 100% reliable to date.

Feedback Score
    x300U-B. Always.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    XC1 is awesome on my 19, I have a great iwb holster for it too. Carrying a 19 with an x300 is hardly any easier than carrying a 34 with an x300, its a big light that adds significant length to the gun, I know from experience.

Will it physically work? Yes.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've had an XC1 on my G19 for a little over a year now and love it. Custom Carry Concepts makes a very nice IWB holster for this setup.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had an x300 but didn't like the way it protruded. I plan on getting the XC2. The battery life is not so good but I like being able to use AAAs.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I like the X300 and have been using them in 19s since they were X200s.

Coat the lens with oil or chapstik before a range session.
    Yup, wipe it after the range session. In a self defense scenario it won't be an issue anyway. I'm surprised that I don't see DG switches, both of mine have them and I prefer them to the toggle switch.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Drop of EWL on the lens and a couple drops when you normally lube your pistol, and you're good to go. I'm not a fan of DG switches myself. Might be useful for a nightstand gun or a few other scenarios, but not for general use. I think that every social gun (your ankle gun notwithstanding) should have a light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast