Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GD and the dark side of us all.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Amen to the OP. It pains me to see arguments divide us who are here because we share a common interest. Nuking GD has been discussed many a time. GD is a pain in the ass to moderate (for me, at least), because I want to treat everyone as an adult in a respectful manner, and not like little children. That's why I try to steer discussions back on track rather than using the moderation tools available to me. I have hope in the humans here.

But, having a common interest doesn't mean that we all agree on other things (obviously), and we have a lot of passionate individuals here. I've found that the people I respect most were most usually the most respectful themselves.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

GD and the dark side of us all.

This is a great post. It can be frustrating when discussions go down hill. I know most of the trash talking that takes place anywhere online wouldn't take place face to face. If it did there would be lots of broken noses, fat lips and black eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-13-17 at 20:10.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    This is a great post. It can be frustrating when discussions go down hill. I'm know most of the trash talking that takes place anywhere online wouldn't take place face to face. If it did there would be lots of broken noses, fat lips and black eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Notice my sig line, senpai
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Amen to the OP. It pains me to see arguments divide us who are here because we share a common interest. Nuking GD has been discussed many a time. GD is a pain in the ass to moderate (for me, at least), because I want to treat everyone as an adult in a respectful manner, and not like little children. That's why I try to steer discussions back on track rather than using the moderation tools available to me. I have hope in the humans here.

But, having a common interest doesn't mean that we all agree on other things (obviously), and we have a lot of passionate individuals here. I've found that the people I respect most were most usually the most respectful themselves.
    If you ever really did that.

Let everybody know like a week in advance to pick a day.

Remove all profanity filters

M4C Battle Royale.

Then nuke it forever and the one with the most creative slur, epithet, blasphemy, snaps, dozens, rips, and chumpouts gets like
    a plaque (okay, maybe just a certificate).
    And it becomes a tech site only.

Who is our Kiriyama?!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

GD and the dark side of us all.

I practice the same thing I do with work email. I write then I re-write. As many times as necessary. By the time I’m ready to send I may have written and re-written one email 5 Times, but when I send it out I know I’m still representing my company in a professional manner and my integrity and character are intact. Or that I know that I’m honoring Chief and M4C. Sometimes I just delete my message, don’t save draft and leave it be. When I make a post I do try to be helpful as I can. Try to not be too full of myself, because that never contributes and just try to treat people with respect and kindness. Same thing I want. I fail sometimes. The world has its share of rude people and I’m one of them. (The wife confirms this) One thing I do to try and improve my own interaction in the forum is watch others. Take 26 Inf for instance, even when a guy is getting slammed for having a retarded animal head lower receiver, 26 Inf says something kind to the guy, encouraging, while others throw names out there and is calling him a dumba**. (This literally just happened.). But seeing him makes me want to be kind like that..
    To an extent we are what we are, it as Firefly said, if we recognize our shortcomings and try to be a better person, then things will improve. But sometimes I think for every one person we have that tries to be a better forum member, we have 2 or 3 who don’t even give a rats behind what anyone thinks of them, they don’t respect what we have here and don’t waste an opportunity to rail and demean someone or devalue their rifle, money or time spent because it’s sub par. I think I’ve gotten caught up in that myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 12-13-17 at 21:49.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If you ever really did that.

Let everybody know like a week in advance to pick a day.

Remove all profanity filters

M4C Battle Royale.

Then nuke it forever and the one with the most creative slur, epithet, blasphemy, snaps, dozens, rips, and chumpouts gets like
    a plaque (okay, maybe just a certificate).
    And it becomes a tech site only.

Who is our Kiriyama?!
    Man sometimes I think you missed your calling because you just KILL ME SOMETIMES!! This was hilarious.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Robert makes a good point

To everyone who has an Anderson lower that I made fun of. It was mostly in jest but also kinda mean.

I regret my negativity

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Well said MM. (and not just this part)
    Today I was thinking about this very thought. I thought, I don’t have to respect the words of the post. I don’t even have to respect the person making the post. But I absolutely must respect his RIGHT to express what he wants to express, even if it offends me. I wondered if that was enough. Then I remembered the OP and Chief calling us to a higher level of maturity or higher level of respect, so we don’t feel the need to humiliate or denigrate.

It would be really nice if we didn’t need to have a guide to tell us how to treat each other, but we are only humans after all.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    When facebook or internet forums start to get to me, I take a break from them. Could be 2 days, could be 2 years.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I’ve only been on a couple of forums, before M4 it was the AK forum.
    I remember reading a members sig line one night which was, “ don’t be a dick, be helpful”.
    I cannot claim to always abide by this, but I think of it daily... it stuck.
    I wish I knew him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast