Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Net neutrality

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Net neutrality

I saw on social media that the FCC has sent Net Neutrality to Congress, and if they pass it Trump gets the deciding vote.

Is this worth getting wound up over?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You have exceeded your allotted bandwidth for Internet Discussion Forums this month. Upgrade your internet experience at Comcast.net to continue reading this page!

Selected packages include ($69.99 each):

Information - Google, Wikipedia, IMDB, selected internet forums, and more!

Shopping - Amazon, Brownells, Midway, Primary Arms, G&R Tactical, and many more!

Online Streaming - YouTube, SoundCloud, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Pandora

Social Media - Instagram, Facebook, CastGroup (an exciting new service featuring minimal ads every 20 seconds!), and more!
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    I woke from a horrible dream where the entire internet was owned by Photobucket.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Depends on whether you think government should be involved in regulating internet content. I would honestly rather have it in the hands of Congress than some unelected regulators if I had to choose between the 2 evils.

I’d rather let the market decide and instead on regulating, Congress figures out a way to increase ISP competition so consumers can choose. Not sure how that can happen when infrastructure expenditures are accounted in the billions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AKA

No more vidya or dirty pitchers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Depends on whether you think government should be involved in regulating internet content. I would honestly rather have it in the hands of Congress than some unelected regulators if I had to choose between the 2 evils.

I’d rather let the market decide and instead on regulating, Congress figures out a way to increase ISP competition so consumers can choose. Not sure how that can happen when infrastructure expenditures are accounted in the billions.
    I don't think .gov should have anything to do with the internet. At all. Government interference has never, ever, made things better.

Feedback Score
    I always get concerned when the government proposes something that's "Neutral", "Common", Equal" or "Fair".

Just consider Common Core, where high grades are lowered for some, and lower grades get increased for others. I recall something from the past called The Fairness Doctrine and equal time requirements for broadcasters.

For the web, I kind of like the Wild West appeal to it. A wide open place of pure hell or great ecstasy, ignorance or knowledge. I personally should have started my own version of Facebook®. I would have called it: InYourFacebook®, a hell-hole of non-stop written and visual attacks; the MMA or Thunderdome of Social Media. It might have been fun...
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Net Neutrality sounds so good. Calling it Public Bathroom Internet is more akin to what it really is. Bandwith becomes something that is wide open to whoever wants to piss and crap all over it and you get left with the mess. Neither side is perfect, but to say that being against Net Neutrality is evil isn't really helping things. Mark Cuban is against it, not a died in the wool theocrat conservative.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    For the web, I kind of like the Wild West appeal to it. A wide open place of pure hell or great ecstasy, ignorance or knowledge. I personally should have started my own version of Facebook®. I would have called it: InYourFacebook®, a hell-hole of non-stop written and visual attacks; the MMA or Thunderdome of Social Media. It might have been fun...
    That's called 4chan.org

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Net Neutrality sounds so good. Calling it Public Bathroom Internet is more akin to what it really is. Bandwi(d)th becomes something that is wide open to whoever wants to piss and crap all over it and you get left with the mess. Neither side is perfect, but to say that being against Net Neutrality is evil isn't really helping things. Mark Cuban is against it, not a died in the wool theocrat conservative.
    Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech
    And I'm not really grasping your explanation. "being against Net Neutrality is evil isn't really helping things." Clarify?
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 12-14-17 at 17:55.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    False.

/b/ and infinity-chan are the true final frontiers.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast