Thread: JUST RIGHT CARBINE GEN 3 - 10MM

Feedback Score

JUST RIGHT CARBINE GEN 3 - 10MM

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/rifles/jrc10g3-tb-bl

just saw this at Bear Creek arsenal wondering if anyone has range time with it, or info on the company that makes it thank you, trying to find a youtube video now
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    None, but I want to hear about it. 10mm is definitely a personal favorite.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I'd still like to see a commonly available, reliable 357Sig AR pistol. With some hotter loads like Underwood you could get some juice with that squeeze out of a pistol platform.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'd still like to see a commonly available, reliable 357Sig AR pistol. With some hotter loads like Underwood you could get some juice with that squeeze out of a pistol platform.
    DI instead of blowback would be nice too
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I seem to remember reading about a guy several years ago that developed a reliable d.i. 357 AR. I wish I could find it.

Feedback Score
    I had an older Just Right carbine in .45acp for years. It had the heavier buffer but not the quick takedown buffer tube, not sure if that was a gen 2.

Accuracy was great, but would not run with factory Glock mags til I replaced the springs with JRC heavy springs and did the JRC recommended mod that puts more pressure on the rear of the follower. That mod dropped mag capacity by one round. The modded mags DID run fine in my G21 pistol. And even after all that, rounds would still occasionally come up high and catch on the upper edge of the chamber, shoving the projectile into the round case.

After several years and a lot of rounds I sold it for a TNW ASR in 10mm. The ASR trigger is not great compared to the JRC but it runs Glock factory mags with no mods, and has yet to fail to feed or fire. It’s quite a bit lighter and more compact as well. TNW also sells their quick change barrels in .357 sig. which I also shoot. Haven’t purchased the .357 barrel yet but if .357 runs in my 10mm mags (which it should) the ejector is the same for both calibers. If the large 10mm mags don’t work I can replace the lower with one for the smaller G31/32 mags. I think the barrel is $125 and the lower is $100. The barrel just screws off and the lower drops with two pins.

Only two complaints on the ASR, I broke the retaining clip on the takedown pin early on, and the barrel loosens up pretty quickly. A dab of loctite seems to do the trick but this might be an issue if I were swapping between calibers. I wish TNW made the barrel retaining guard hex shaped so you could get a wrench on it, it’s round with holes so I use a strap wrench.

My LGS showed me a stripped AR lower for large frame Glock mags (.45 & 10mm) he can get pretty cheap. So if we start seeing budget priced 10mm blowback uppers, that might be a better option. I think I paid $650 for my ASR and that’s about what Palmetto State Armory gets for their .45acp ARs.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the info Wanderson Merry Christmas
    George Orwell

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Hi-Point has pushed the 10mm into the lime-light with their new 1095TS carbine for under $350 street price. That with LRBHO too. It is going to kick a bunch of mfr's into gear on building more 10's JMO, YMMV.