Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Except that we are talking about Nightforce. They don’t release an item until it’s ready to be fielded. I have zero concern being an early adopter of anything NF produces.

Agreed. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy once available if funds allowed. I’m waiting to see a review addressing how the reticles perform at 1x with no illumination. If unusable, that may be a deal breaker for me unless battery life is very good.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Looks like euro optic started shipping out their pre orders for the nx8 today based on a Facebook post I saw saying they had a few moa versions left over after fulfilling pre orders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Looks like euro optic started shipping out their pre orders for the nx8 today based on a Facebook post I saw saying they had a few moa versions left over after fulfilling pre orders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They were out of stock when I tried to order earlier, I was told on the phone 6-8 weeks for more. I preordered from Midway since they’re expecting some on the 25th.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't get mad if the jolly fat guy brought me any one of the three.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping Sport Optics gets their shipment of these in soon so I can head over there and see them in person. I thinking of moving my 2.5-10x onto something else or just selling it to buy one of these outright.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Agreed. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy once available if funds allowed. I’m waiting to see a review addressing how the reticles perform at 1x with no illumination. If unusable, that may be a deal breaker for me unless battery life is very good.
    Got a chance to look at it inside and outside. I was highly impressed, this is probably the best optic in its size and weight class for LPVO. The german style reticle is very usable at 1x without illum, but its a moot point since the reticle is aimpoint bright even in full sunlight. I dont see this reticle washing out in bright conditions.

The only thing I had a problem with is the hashed circle and center dot were pretty thick at 8x. Combined with the exposed top elevation turret I dont see the point. Why would I dial in to be POA/POI if the reticle is too thick for long range precision work when I could just holdover with a thinner parts of the reticle?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Got a chance to look at it inside and outside. I was highly impressed, this is probably the best optic in its size and weight class for LPVO. The german style reticle is very usable at 1x without illum, but its a moot point since the reticle is aimpoint bright even in full sunlight. I dont see this reticle washing out in bright conditions.

The only thing I had a problem with is the hashed circle and center dot were pretty thick at 8x. Combined with the exposed top elevation turret I dont see the point. Why would I dial in to be POA/POI if the reticle is too thick for long range precision work when I could just holdover with a thinner parts of the reticle?
    Good to hear. My issue with the reticle is that I don’t like having to rely solely on illumination for use when the battery life in scopes such as these is generally so short. My Mark 6 with TMR-D being a good example.

Interestingly enough, there is a MIL/LE exclusive NX8 with a capped elevation turret. I would think that these would sell well as some wouldn’t see the benefit of the zero stop and its added cost for the reasons you mentioned.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Comparison pic: The T-2 is on setting 10/12, the NX8 is on 8/10.

T2vsNX8.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like NX8 is brighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Comparison pic: The T-2 is on setting 10/12, the NX8 is on 8/10.

T2vsNX8.jpg
    From the pics it looks like at 1x the NX8 reticle is around the same size as the 2moa T-2 dot. Is that a fair assesment? Also, how is the eye box compared to other LPVO's...i.e. Razor 1-6.

Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Looks like NX8 is brighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think its because they are pointed at two different colored backgrounds.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-23-18 at 09:14.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast