Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    I mean, Nightforce is stating that it's a 2MOA dot, so I imagine it's about the same size as the T-2.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    I mean, Nightforce is stating that it's a 2MOA dot, so I imagine it's about the same size as the T-2.
    Did they say it thats what it is at 1x? The center dot is 1.25 moa, but I'm asking about the size at 1x since it will appear MUCH smaller do to being FFP. In other words, the segmented circle is 8 moa but at 1x it looks pretty close to the T-2. I just want to confirm prior to the purchasing.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-23-18 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    Is there an "Everything AR for beginners (politely saying dummies)" that explains first and second focal plane and all the other optics and mechanics and etc. of AR's and their accessories?
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Is there an "Everything AR for beginners (politely saying dummies)" that explains first and second focal plane and all the other optics and mechanics and etc. of AR's and their accessories?
    The quick and dirty explanation is that in a Front or First Focal plane scope the reticle is in the same focal plane as the target, and so the reticle will grow and shrink with changes in magnification along with the target. Because of this the subtensions within the reticle will always be accurate. In a Rear or Second Focal Plane optic the reticle will remain the same size through out the scope's entire range of magnification. As such, the subtensions within the reticle will only be accurate on a specific power setting (although they may be usable on a few other settings if you're good a doing math in your head).

A more detailed explanation with some good images to illustrate the differences can be found here:

https://www.primalrights.com/library...t-3-sfp-vs-ffp

Here's an image borrowed from the page linked above:

(I'm not in any way affiliated with Primal Rights. I just think the author provides a good explanation of the subject)
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 02-23-18 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    Cool. Thank you.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Anyone who owns the NX8 notice any sensitivity with the eye box? Got a chance to look through one this weekend and while its quite bright, it has the "flicker" effect that Leupold MK6/8 are known for. I was very surprised at how sensitive it was even at 1x.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-26-18 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Anyone who owns the NX8 notice any sensitivity with the eye box? Got a chance to look through one this weekend and while its quite bright, it has the "flicker" effect that Leupold MK6/8 are known for. I was very surprised at how sensitive it was even at 1x.
    I have one coming in, I hope it’s not an issue. That’s one draw back of the MK6, though the reticle was good enough without illumination.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    I think I'll be selling my 2.5x-10 for one of these. Now the question is...is it worth getting the ATACR model or going with the standard model??

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Yes the eyebox pretty sensitive at 8x. At 1x its alright, not as good as a Razor but still very usable. I only noticed a flicker at the higher powers when Im close to the edge of the eyebox. It was not apparent at 1x.

I am totally okay with that compromise, as a former user of the 2.5-10x24mm NXS Im very aware of the tradeoffs when going compact. With alittle practice of poping your head into the right position its a non-issue.

Just like with the 2.5-10x24mm you are limited by the physics of getting a scope that compact. The NX8 is stupidly small and lightweight, I held it next to the Minox ZP8 and wondered how they managed to make a 1-8x the size of a 1-4x. If you want a bigger eyebox you are gonna have to pay for it in size and weight. From what I hear the ATACR has a smiliar eyebox to the razor but at a similar size and weight.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I kind of wish they didn’t push the top end to 8x and/or kept it SFP which would have given it better eyebox. Majority of users buying this thing will be using it at 1x, if not they would be getting a more precision shooting orientated scope. It just seems like a jack of all trades master of none. On paper it checked all the boxes and I REALLY wanted to like it, but at this price point the k16i blows it out of the water. I’d much rather gain 2” in length and sacrifice 2x in mag to get a forgiving eyebox and larger field of view.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-28-18 at 03:50.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast