Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    Biggest question for me is, how is it at 1x? I can live with an unforgiving eye box at 8x, if it was done to make it as forgiving as the Razor 1-6 at 1x.

Feedback Score
    The Razor at 1x is definitely better, but the NX8 isn't bad.

Feedback Score
    Would the NX8 be a comparable replacement for an Aimpoint+6x magnifier setup?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Just got my shipping notice for both my nx8 and my atacr.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    Would the NX8 be a comparable replacement for an Aimpoint+6x magnifier setup?
    I’ve been following a thread on Snipershide in which a NF rep stated that this would be an excellent use of the NX8.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just got my NX8. I’m pretty impressed. The eyebox at 1x isn’t bad, I’ve noticed no flicker with the illumination. The dot, as been said, is Aimpoint bright. At 8x the eyebox is a bit tight, which is to be expected. Can’t wait to shoot with it.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m not scope expert but by just looking at the specification of NX8, the exit pupil is 7.9mm at 1x. Compares to P4xi...it’s 12mm at 1x...does it mean NX 8 has much tighter eye box at 1x? I don’t like scope that is very sensitive to head placement ...anyone who has the NX8 plz kindly comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I’ve been following a thread on Snipershide in which a NF rep stated that this would be an excellent use of the NX8.
    Thanks. I've been following that thread too but wasn't sure if I was reaching the right conclusion. The NF rep went into more detail about ATACR vs. Razor and his comments about the NX8 mostly addressed it's size. But glad to hear you came to the same conclusion as me.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    So despite the weather’s best effort at delaying UPS from delivering yesterday , I received my ATACR 1-8 today!

I’ve only had a chance to unbox it and give it a once over so far but everything seems to point to it being a winner. Glass is very clear and illumination is BRIGHT. From holding it in hand and playing with the eyebox (that sentence sounds dirty) it looks promising. I like the reticle quite a bit, 3,6,9 o’clock stadia and the center “dot” are the only thing visible at 1x. At 8x the reticle, in my humble opinion is very nice for the magnification level.

I look forward to getting it mounted and placed on my SR25 APC to get a better feel. This will just be temporary as I’m awaiting the 14.5 SR25 CC upper to be released for this optics final home.

https://flic.kr/p/24N4VJq link to quick photo since I can’t get the embedded code from the app while on my phone.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So, I just received both my nx8 mil and my atacr 1-8s from euro optic today. Here are my initial impressions. Range day tomorrow with follow up impressions.

Nx8: awesome scope. The eye box is good, the eye relief is good, the glass is good, the eye box at 8x is tight but still better than a mk6 1-6 imo, illumination is the best I've ever seen on a lpvo, the reticle is simple and expands nicely. They proportioned it very well. This scope is going to be ideal for just about everyone who doesn't use a 556 gun to shoot at people for a job. The size and weight are literally almost identical to it's nxs 1-4 cousin. It holds the same place in the lpvo market as the mk6 3-18 (minus tracking issues) holds in the mid range market. Decent at just about everything but excels in the size and weight market.

Atacr 1-8: If you shoot a lot of rounds, or could potentially have to shoot people for your vocation this is your scope. I have literally not seen, used, or looked through a better lpvo to date. Mine currently sits in a kac 34mm 2.04 mount on my 12.5in centurion arms sbr. The eye box and the eye relief is excellent all the way through magnification. At 8x it's decently forgiving. The reticle is awesome, not too intrusive or busy but very helpful if you are used to shooting grided reticles. The glass is on par with my kahles 1-6, maybe even better. If you are used to the way the razor scope body melts away when shouldered, then you will like this scope as well. It has the same ability. I didn't notice the limited fov at 1x. More of that tomorrow I expect. The illumination is amazing.

Day 1 initial thoughts wrap up. Most people will be more than happy with the nx8. If you shoot alot and appreciate the finer details the atacr brings it might be worth it to you. Both of these scopes are top of their class based on their designed lanes.

Previous lpvo experience (steiners p, t, and m series, razor 1-6, trijicon accupower 1-4, 1-8, NF nxs 1-4, uso 1-4, 1-8, mk6 1-6, mk8 1-8, kahles 1-6, swaro 1-6) I will do my best to answer compare and contrast questions. I currently own the kahles1-6, nxs 1-4, uso 1-4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast