Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve been holding out on more scope purchases waiting for this. I’m happy to see it happen. The NX8 MOA is for me, I’ll probably eventually end with two at that price if they are good.

What I’m waiting to learn is quality and durability. Will the NX8 be as good at the NXS compact line it seems similar to? Why is it not part of the NXS line?, it seems a tad cheaper is why I’m concerned. I guess I’ll be finding out

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BctGUN0lKh-/

Frank Proctor just posted this on his IG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nightforce didn’t advertise these scope are true 1x...hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    They look awesome. Also several years overdue, but they have everything I would expect from Nightforce. Prices are crazy, but not quite as crazy as I had feared. The NX8 competes with other premium 1-8's, while the ATACR is playing in the used-vehicle ballpark like other ATACR and BEAST scopes, along with the German and Austrian competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Nightforce didn’t advertise these scope are true 1x...hmmm
    And a lot of carmakers don't advertise that their 2017 models have driver AND passenger airbags... because it's just assumed. It's not hard to make a true 1x scope, and the FOV specifications are consistent with true 1.0x. A lot of claims that XYZ scope is "not a true 1x" are a misunderstanding by people who think it will be just like an Aimpoint (it won't, the two are entirely different optically) and they look at something 3 feet away and because there's apparent magnification, they say it's not a true 1x. Most of the LPVs are a true 1x, but the image is formed at the objective lens and if you hold it up to something at arm's length it will look magnified because the objective is closer to the object than your left eye is. Look at a tree or building 100 yards away and compare eyes, and if the diopter is properly adjusted (which matters, FYI) you will see the same image size through the scope and without the scope. (Unless your eyesight is so awesome you can detect a 10" difference at 300 feet... if so, that's cool.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pricing seems to be in line with March's 1-8x scopes
    -1-8x24 FFP adj parallax $2500
    -1-8x24 FFP "shorty" fixed parallax $1850

Specs are pretty darn close too (weight and FOV are very similar).
    Last edited by Plasman; 12-14-17 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Locking diopters and FFP scopes in this power range make me sad.

Feedback Score
    FFP can make sense if the reticle is designed for it so that it works well for quick work at 1x and precision work at max power. I'm not sure about the duplexes in this one though.

Feedback Score
    Any reason that capped turrets are apparently only available on the ATACR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate to even ask this here(it is pertinent to the conversation)but can FFP versus SFP be explained in a sentence or two?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    FFP, reticle scales based on magnification rate so it stays true to scale throughout its magnification. SFP reticle is true on 1x and whatever its chosen magnification level. Usually that is the highest magnification level. At magnification levels in between it will not scale correctly. The majority of all LPVOs are SFP because most shooters find themselves at 1x or max magnification.

I am very impressed with the specs rolled out for the NX8 and and I can't wait to get my hands on the atacr model to check out how that grid scales up and down. Hopefully the segmented circle portion of the reticles will open up slightly more than the mk6. I hated the tmr-d reticle in the mk6 because I felt the segmented circle reticle obscured large portions of my target and point of aim.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast