Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've seen several beta testers say that an atacr 1-8 With the normal atacr uncapped zero stop elevation turret will be released following the initial release. Not sure why that isn't the model being released first as it seems to be the beta version everyone saw before release.

On a side note, looks like Kyle defoor and Frank Proctor have been running these for months. I guess Kyle had left USO after they dropped their lpvo line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    FFP, reticle scales based on magnification rate so it stays true to scale throughout its magnification. SFP reticle is true on 1x and whatever its chosen magnification level. Usually that is the highest magnification level. At magnification levels in between it will not scale correctly. The majority of all LPVOs are SFP because most shooters find themselves at 1x or max magnification.
    Very true for LP scopes. The usability and design of FFP reticles in the LP market haven't been the best. To be useful at 1x they tend to be clunky at max. IMO, the best implementation is the dual focal plane, with a LED dot at low and an illuminated ret at high, but it seems scopes of that type are lacking in other ways. In the case of the Minox, weight and bulk overall. The 34mm+ scopes tend to overwhelm 5.56 pattern rifles, .308 is another story though.

Feedback Score
    So, any idea of release date?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I was told by the company I preordered my scopes through that I would see my nx8 mid January and my atacr late January. So roughly right around shot show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd be interested in pros/cons compared to the Trijicon Accupower 1-8.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If most people use 1x or max why not have a fixed power
    Illuminated cmr type reticle in a Flip to side rtz mount?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Elcan tried, but implemented it rather poorly. Its hard to buy something with ARMS levers in 2017.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    I'd be interested in pros/cons compared to the Trijicon Accupower 1-8.
    The ATACR 1-8 is smaller, lighter, has better glass, much better reticle, better turrets, better illumination and is more expensive. It's a whole different class of optic. I say this having owned two of the accupower 1-8s and I also used the ATACR in early 2017.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hopefully the segmented circle portion of the reticles will open up slightly more than the mk6. I hated the tmr-d reticle in the mk6 because I felt the segmented circle reticle obscured large portions of my target and point of aim.
    This is the first thing I thought of. That's my biggest complaint with the TMR-D. I prefer the H27D reticle in the CQBSS.

Excited to get hands on the 1-8 ATACR and compair it to other LPVs I have.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast