Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What’s the difference in glass between the two? From reading the ATACR has superior glass?
    Last edited by Zane1844; 12-16-17 at 14:49.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    ATACR’s have upgraded glass compared to the NXS line. A coworkers 4-16 ATACR is noticeably brighter with more color “pop” than any of my NXS’s. It’s much more comparable to high-end Swaro and Zeiss. NXS glass has always been under appreciated, in my opinion, as it does very well for contrast at long range.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    ATACR’s have upgraded glass compared to the NXS line. A coworkers 4-16 ATACR is noticeably brighter with more color “pop” than any of my NXS’s. It’s much more comparable to high-end Swaro and Zeiss. NXS glass has always been under appreciated, in my opinion, as it does very well for contrast at long range.
    Thanks. Since having to sell my MK6, I’ve been looking for a new optic. It was between another MK6 and the VCOG, but now this optic may be the one. Just hoping the glass compares well the VCOG or Leupold.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    If the eye box is forgiving, and the illumination doesn’t get lost at less than ideal angles these might be THE scope for a 5.56 M4 service type carbine, or the various 7.62 NATO battle rifles.

At least assuming the normal Nightforce durability that borders on ridiculous in my experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Yeah the extra low dispersion apochromatic glass in the ATACR or other high end optics really helps make colors “pop” to my eyes. So if you need your rifle scope to double as an observation device or just need every fraction of light possible to be transmitted the fancy glass is probably worth it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    If the eye box is forgiving, and the illumination doesn’t get lost at less than ideal angles these might be THE scope for a 5.56 M4 service type carbine, or the various 7.62 NATO battle rifles.

At least assuming the normal Nightforce durability that borders on ridiculous in my experience.
    There's no reason for a 1-8x scope on an M4. The ACOG is fine for this. Most service members can't engage an enemy past 300 yards anyway. A 1-8x LPVO would simply be a waste of money.

Feedback Score
    I don’t care about the average to be honest.

If the NF 1-8’s do what they should you have an ACOG weight (or slightly heavier), compact optic that can do everything from 1X red dot like use, to longer distance deliberate shooting for those who have the skill.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    There's no reason for a 1-8x scope on an M4. The ACOG is fine for this. Most service members can't engage an enemy past 300 yards anyway. A 1-8x LPVO would simply be a waste of money.
    LOL! Someone's been drinking the ACOG koolaid

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I've seen several beta testers say that an atacr 1-8 With the normal atacr uncapped zero stop elevation turret will be released following the initial release. Not sure why that isn't the model being released first as it seems to be the beta version everyone saw before release.

On a side note, looks like Kyle defoor and Frank Proctor have been running these for months. I guess Kyle had left USO after they dropped their lpvo line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I def hope they do the opposite with the NX8 and offer a capped elevation turret with a christmas tree reticle.

Feedback Score
    NX8 with the some FC-3G features would be tits.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast