Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    NX8 with the some FC-3G features would be tits.
    I dont think a FC-3G would work well in FFP.

Feedback Score
    If the circle was made large enough to go away at 8X it would work OK I think.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    There's no reason for a 1-8x scope on an M4. The ACOG is fine for this. Most service members can't engage an enemy past 300 yards anyway. A 1-8x LPVO would simply be a waste of money.
    I think this optic is more geared towards the SR25 and MWS croud. Not a 14.5 inch M4. The 1-6 is plenty for a 12.5-16 inch 5.56 rifle.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    There's no reason for a 1-8x scope on an M4. The ACOG is fine for this. Most service members can't engage an enemy past 300 yards anyway. A 1-8x LPVO would simply be a waste of money.
    Is that why Proctor and Defoor are using them on 5.56 carbines?

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Kyle certainly thinks the atacr has some play since he endorses it over the nx8. However not having to purchase them on your own might make the slight differences and improvements worth it when value is taken out of consideration haha.

Feedback Score
    I for sure am going to get one. Back in the day I had a 2.5 to 10 on my M16, but I wished it was 1 to 8 that would have been perfect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I think this optic is more geared towards the SR25 and MWS croud. Not a 14.5 inch M4. The 1-6 is plenty for a 12.5-16 inch 5.56 rifle.
    I’m planning to put this on my 14.5. You are right about 6 power it’s plenty..but since the form factor is less than nxs 1-4..I really don’t mind couple more magnification. My only concern it’s the tight eye box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe the ATACR is but the NX8 footprint is so small why wouldnt you put it on a 5.56 gun? If I could put a 1-10x on my 5.56 gun I would. Magnification helps you see better not shoot better, more magnification isnt a bad thing especially if you arent giving up anything to get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Maybe the ATACR is but the NX8 footprint is so small why wouldnt you put it on a 5.56 gun? If I could put a 1-10x on my 5.56 gun I would. Magnification helps you see better not shoot better, more magnification isnt a bad thing especially if you arent giving up anything to get it.
    Especially since the NXS is so damn light. I wish that they had made a NXS 1-6, so it would be discounted now that the 1-8 is coming out.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I don’t care about the average to be honest.

If the NF 1-8’s do what they should you have an ACOG weight (or slightly heavier), compact optic that can do everything from 1X red dot like use, to longer distance deliberate shooting for those who have the skill.
    But that's what you just stated was the intended use. The M4 is the standard rifle for the US Military. Even the Marines are moving away from their M16. So that means every joe blow, airman, and POG is gonna be humping one around all day as their standard weapon. And the vast majority of them will not be capable of employing their rifle beyond 300 yards in an effective manner, during combat. Even amongst the infantry. Trying to teach your average rifleman about when to move back and forth between 1x and 8x, or how to do the math for drop on anything other than a KD range would be very difficult. And then you have to take into account that the average M4 simply doesn't have the accuracy to take advantage of such an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    LOL! Someone's been drinking the ACOG koolaid
    Not really. It has it's fault, but it's proven effective and simple.

If the circle was made large enough to go away at 8X it would work OK I think.
    So you want a EoTech Vudu 1-8x scope?

I think we're on the same wavelength. If I have a SR25/G28/MWS/.308 "battle rifle" I want more than 8x on the top end. And I'll just offset a RMR for any kind of close in work.

But this would be great on a modern AR where you have the ability and capability to engage targets past 300 yards, but also may want to deal with short range target acquistion. So perfect for the 12.5+ rifle barrel in 5.56. To me, this scope replaces Elcan. Also, it would be utilized on DMR (Mk12) type rifles in a dead lead rifle squad. They can still use their rifle like everyone else, should they need to, but they also have the added magnification to utilize their rifle in the most effective manner.

Assuming that the MDR is what I'm hoping, I'll likely get one of these for it when I get one in March (or April ... Or October )

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Is that why Proctor and Defoor are using them on 5.56 carbines?

Official Kremlin Transmission
    Don't know who they are? Are they E-3s in 2/7? How about E-4s in the 1st Infantry Division?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast