Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Daniels Sinatra......anyone tried it?

Feedback Score

Jack Daniels Sinatra......anyone tried it?

Goes for $130-150 per bottle (a liter, 90 proof). Supposedly VERY smooth. Was looking for opinions before I'd even think of dropping the $$$ on something like that. The HK of bourbons?

Hell, for that price it ought to come with a pair of lips!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-14-17 at 18:46.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Whose?

...Sinatra's?

Personally, I've always been of the mind that any fifth costing over $35 was more "marketing exclusivity" than discernible quality. But I'm just a mechanic, not a whiskey connoisseur...
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 12-14-17 at 18:56.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Whose?

...Sinatra's?

Personally, I've always been of the mind that any fifth costing over $35 was more "marketing exclusivity" than discernible quality. But I'm just a mechanic, not a whiskey connoisseur...
    No, not Sinatra's lips.

Oh I'm far from a connoisseur. My boss told me about it and I read up on it. Asked my wife if she had gotten my Christmas present yet and she said "No, why?" I replied "I think I have an idea!"

Found a place not too far away that has it but it's behind the counter; you have to ask for it. Obviously not something you mix with 7-Up or Sprite or Coke. Apparently it's a snifter glass, maybe some ice, and sip it.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-14-17 at 19:09.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The reviews I’ve read recently have been glowing but I swear I read some a year or two ago saying that it was just average thus not making it worth the dive.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Whose?

...Sinatra's?

Can't speak for Sinatra brand but like everything else quality matters. Raw, materials, water, barrels, storage...etc.. I like scotch and whiskies but more into tequila. If you try a no name $10 bottle of corn liquor that passes for tequila and Don Julio 1942 $110, Real $420 or something similar you'll see a big difference between the 3.

Most of the large brands add coloring, flavoring, speed up processes..etc. Like buying a frozen steak from the supermarket or one from a steak house that's been aged for 6 months. Real home made food vs microwave dinner. All have their place

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 12-14-17 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Can't speak for Sinatra brand but like everything else quality matters. Raw, materials, water, barrels, storage...etc.. I like scotch and whiskies but more into tequila. If you try a no name $10 bottle of corn liquor that passes for tequila and Don Julio 1942 $110, Real $420 or something similar you'll see a big difference between the 3.

Most of the large brands add coloring, flavoring, speed up processes..etc. Like buying a frozen steak from the supermarket or one from a steak house that's been aged for 6 months. Real home made food vs microwave dinner. All have their place

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Well said.

Being expensive in and of itself does not make it good. However, if you want really good, it'll cost you. Really good is never cheap to make.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Being expensive in and of itself does not make it good. However, if you want really good, it'll cost you. Really good is never cheap to make.
    Les Baer > Wilson > Dan Wesson > Springfield > Colt >Kimber > Phillipine 1911s?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got a bottle. It's good. More gimmick and charm than anything. You can get much better whiskey in that price range.

If you're buying it for the Sinatra angle or just to have that specific bottle- go for it. Otherwise find someone who knows their whiskey and tell them what you like and ask for a recommendation in that price range.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    See this is one where you don't necessarily have to go crazy. You can get a great bottle of American whiskey for under $50 at most liquor stores.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Goes for $130-150 per bottle (a liter, 90 proof). Supposedly VERY smooth. Was looking for opinions before I'd even think of dropping the $$$ on something like that. The HK of bourbons?

It's not bourbon, it's Tennessee Swill. With that said it's very smooth and mellow JD. The only Jack Daniels I will tolerate. But there's several Bourbons under $60 that taste better in my opinion
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast