Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Daniels Sinatra......anyone tried it?

Feedback Score
    Got a bottle and poured a little in a glass with some ice. Pretty smooth. Sippin' whiskey. I don't like regular Jack but this is good.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've tried it, it's good. The only JD I normally drink is single barrel, barrel proof. It's hard to pay that much for bourbon, Scoth or Irish yes but bourbon? It's good bourbon, well Tennessee whisky but only those from Tennessee think it's not bourbon. For a smooth, high octane bourbon I really prefer Bookers.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    There are better Jack Daniels products that cost less than the Sinatra. The Single Barrel bottled at barrel proof being one. There are also better whiskey's and bourbons that are also in lower price ranges.

It's also very much a matter of personal preference, so if it appeals to you, don't let anyone tell you a particular juice ain't worth the squeeze.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    for future refrence , if you want an app Distiller is really nice and is all about good booze, has ratings and reviews and info on prices. If you look at it you can find a lot of good whiskies that will cost less and be good. For that price you can get some good Mcallen, balvenie or other scotches and bourbons. Eagle Rare, four roses are some good ones

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    See this is one where you don't necessarily have to go crazy. You can get a great bottle of American whiskey for under $50 at most liquor stores.
    If you don't mind me asking, since I am a 25 year old youngin who has an interest in Whsikeys and Scotch, what would be your most suggested in that $50 dollar range?

I will be honest, sparing Makers Mark (my favorite) I haven't had any truly "High-Shelf" whiskeys ($100+) so I don't have much to compare. I did get an opportunity to try some Jefferson's Ocean: Aged At Sea.
    Normally $99 a .750; the double I had was 25 dollars. But, with an ice block, it was truly amazing. The light briny taste really added to the life of the drink.

Either way, I normally like Canadian; Crown Royal and Windsor are good, but cheap in retrospect, and not ones I would drink straight.

Honestly, I just want to outfit a decent couple decanters with some flavorful, stand-on-their-own whiskeys.

Recently finished out my Makers Mark Cask Strength 113.2 Proof, it was the most beautiful whiskey I had ever had. It was an awesome gift over a year ago. I can never tell if it's my mentality, or what, but I swear it tastes even better after another year of aging while drinking it slowly.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-22-17 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    For bourbon check out Basil Hayden and if you like peaty scotches check out Talisker 10 year. I can’t recall the prices but they shouldn’t be too far off of $50 and both are absolutely excellent choices.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Basil Hayden and Blantons can both hit the mark if you’re state liquor taxes aren’t too onerous. I’d also say that Beam Black is generally around $25-30 and hugely underrated.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Appreciate the suggestions from you both, I have them written down and will review.

In Minnesota, our smoking tax is far worse than our liquor tax, but it's still not in my favor.

Bottle of Makers mark is around 29.99 in most places. Sometimes less on sale. Grey goose is around 30-35. Don't know how that compares in other places. But I know it's much cheaper 10 miles over a bridge into Superior, WI.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-22-17 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All these are 65 or less. Macallan 12 darn good scotch. Call Ila 12, islay scotch smokey flavor. Any Balvenie. Eagle Rare and don't discount some Canadian whiskey. J.P. awisers, Forty Creek and Alberta Rye are good along with 99, Wayne Gretzky's whiskey.

Be thankful Minnesota's tax on booze is a lot less than Iowa's. When I cross the border I can normally save 10 to 25 bucks per bottle of the better stuff.
    Last edited by BIGUGLY; 12-22-17 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    All these are 65 or less. Macallan 12 darn good scotch. Call Ila 12, islay scotch smokey flavor. Any Balvenie. Eagle Rare and don't discount some Canadian whiskey. J.P. awisers, Forty Creek and Alberta Rye are good along with 99, Wayne Gretzky's whiskey.

Be thankful Minnesota's tax on booze is a lot less than Iowa's. When I cross the border I can normally save 10 to 25 bucks per bottle of the better stuff.
    That is crazy!

Very grateful in that retrospect. Glad I quit smoking by 19. Marbs were 6 bucks a pack when I quit, they just hit 9 bucks in some stores. Some of the spendier packs are way over 10.

Nonetheless, I have a good list now for when I go out to the stores, and will definitely be picking some of these up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast