Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking Today?

Feedback Score

What Are You Drinking Today?

For some reason, over the years I've sort of adopted a quest to become a deliberate lightweight with regard to adult beverages. I used to savor the slightly stronger beers like Sam Adams, Warsteiner, 1554, and the like.

One day I had an epiphany and decided I'd rather spend more time outdoors, and if I do have some beers, I'd rather lean toward the lighter side so I can keep drinking longer and not get drunk quickly.

To wit, I now actually drink Michelob Ultra, which I used to make fun of as a glorified soda pop. Now I kind of like the fact that you can't get more than a light buzz even after drinking several of them.

Other beers I'm warming up to because they're a little less: Tecate, Miller Lite.

Would love to know of other beers in the "not too strong/not too weak" category.

What are you drinking today?

Feedback Score
    I switched to Yuengling Traditional Lager a couple months back because it's inexpensive in the 24 pack cans and actually is quite a good amber ale. Has a nice color and good finish. I just pour it into frosty mugs. I got tired of buying over priced craft beer six packs but didn't want to go to the cheap blonde ales like Bud or whatever.

This is what the 24 pack looks like and it's usually priced around $18.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/yuengl...prod3000063.ip
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-15-17 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    Your very soul is on the verge of...
    Not damnation,
    But a slow fade into nothingness that will simply cease to be.

Others, please,
    Save this man.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the rare occasion I get a desire for alcohol, Guinness in the winter, Leinenkugels grapefruit shandy in the summer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I switched to Yuengling Traditional Lager a couple months back because it's inexpensive in the 24 pack cans and actually is quite a good amber ale. Has a nice color and good finish. I just pour it into frosty mugs. I got tired of buying over priced craft beer six packs but didn't want to go to the cheap blonde ales like Bud or whatever.

This is what the 24 pack looks like and it's usually priced around $18.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/yuengl...prod3000063.ip
    I too am a fan of Yuengling and have been drinking it for some time, it from the oldest still operating brewery in country, which is cool, and the family from ym understand is pro gun. At least I know of a few who have run into them purchasing firearms in the past, I believe one of the owners was looking for a trap or sporting clays shotgun at an auction a while back that friends had been at. They had very good things to say about the man. I will say that I do prefer my beer in bottles, I have my reasons for that, but they may be outside the scope of this discussion.

That said, Yuengling is about as light of a beer as I buy. and it is a bit stronger than Miller or others. Baring Yuenginling I like my Shiner Bock, which is a darker beer, though perhaps lower ABV, I;m not sure at the moment. After that I like my Yards ales, their ales of the revolution are tasty, though two of the three have like an 8% content.

For light beer, I actually like PBR. So I am a heathen there to some.

That said, I learned a long time ago that I will drink what I like and simply pace myself. I'd rather nurse a tasty brew than suck down three that are less so.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    PBR is good. We can't even get Yuengling around here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This time of year I imbibe many barrel aged beers. Sours, Belgians, Barley wines, Imperial Russian stouts, etc.

Here's what I brewed and have on tap currently:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian dark strong ale (16.6% alc)
    Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Russian Stout aged with Cherries and figs (17% alc)
    Belgian Trippel (10%)
    Session IPA with tons of Mosaic, Ekuanot, Mandarina Bavaria and Galaxy hops. (4.5% alc)
    New England style Double IPA (8% Alc)
    American style barley wine (12.7% alc)
    Absynthe barrel aged saison aged on Cabernet grapes (7% alc)
    Apple wine (13.4% alc)

I've also got some guest taps:
    Comrade Brewing super power IPA
    Breckinridge Brewing Whiskey barrel aged 471 Double IPA
    Odell's Isolation Ale
    Stone Brewing Tangerine Express IPA

Edited to add:
    Fizzy yellow piss beers are for pussy's and liberals!
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 12-15-17 at 11:06.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    This time of year I imbibe many barrel aged beers. Sours, Belgians, Barley wines, Imperial Russian stouts, etc.

Here's what I brewed and have on tap currently:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian dark strong ale (16.6% alc)
    Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Russian Stout aged with Cherries and figs (17% alc)
    Belgian Trippel (10%)
    Session IPA with tons of Mosaic, Ekuanot, Mandarina Bavaria and Galaxy hops. (4.5% alc)
    New England style Double IPA (8% Alc)
    American style barley wine (12.7% alc)
    Absynthe barrel aged saison aged on Cabernet grapes (7% alc)
    Apple wine (13.4% alc)

I've also got some guest taps:
    Comrade Brewing super power IPA
    Breckinridge Brewing Whiskey barrel aged 471 Double IPA
    Odell's Isolation Ale
    Stone Brewing Tangerine Express IPA

Edited to add:
    Fizzy yellow piss beers are for pussy's and liberals!

Do you have a beard and wear skinny jeans?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Do you have a beard and wear skinny jeans?
    Beard yes, skinny jean-FVCK no!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess I'm a pussy and a liberal! I guess I'd rather be that than a leg.

Seriously, it sounds as if you really have a handle on and enjoy crafting different beers.

I enjoy a beer now and again for taste, primarily in the summer, and I'm just as happy with an ice cold grocery store Corona (3.2%) as I am a liquor store one. I like bottled MGDL but you can't find it every place, Corona you can find just about anyplace.

I just don't like the more robust beers and stick with pales.

Years ago, a ski buddy and I got in the habit of carrying a bota of Crown and taking a squirt before starting down. He passed from cancer several years ago, and about once a month I toast him with a shot of Crown from the freezer.

Other than that I pretty much stick to tea, diet pepsi and crystal geyser.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast