Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking Today?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Right this moment, as I am typing this, I am sipping my favorite reasonably priced rum straight up: http://www.flordecana.com/en/product/gran-reserva-7/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Right this moment, as I am typing this, I am sipping my favorite reasonably priced rum straight up: http://www.flordecana.com/en/product/gran-reserva-7/
    Do tell me more. I am interested. Been on a bit of a rum kick, and interested in good options.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Do tell me more. I am interested. Been on a bit of a rum kick, and interested in good options.
    What can I tell you that isn't at the link? I may have posted this eariier in this thread, but my favorite rums are all from Central America:
    --Guatemala: Ron Zacapa and Botran.
    --Costa Rica: Ron Centenario.
    --Nicaragua: Flor de Caña.
    --Panama: Ron Abuelo.

The higher you go in age the better they are, but also more expensive. The 7 year Flour that I linked to is, IMO, a sweet spot between taste and price ($20). I have had the mid ($45) and high end ($120) Ron Zacapas and I can taste the difference, but clearly a big jump up in price. I haven't tried the Botran yet but that will be my next bottle. It is hard for me to buy anything other than Flour de Cana, even at the high end.
    Last edited by austinN4; 01-14-18 at 05:19.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I second the Flor de Cana, had it first on a black sand beach in the country it's from!

I was in the big city the other night / great big liquor store where they have everything. Was reaching for the Flor de Cana when I saw something I'd been trying to mail order.... rum with an interesting history, Pusser's. Had some last night with coconut juice (the very sweet stuff, Goya brand). It's OK, a little different, really I much prefer the F de C. It might grow on me by the time I get to the bottom of it. F de C has a dark one too, that's good

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also from Guatemala that I had last night. El Pasador de Oro XO.
    I like it better than my Ron Abuelo 12 year, which is also excellent. I also enjoy Kirk and Sweeney 12 year from Dominican Rep.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    What can I tell you that isn't at the link? I may have posted this eariier in this thread, but my favorite rums are all from Central America:
    --Guatemala: Ron Zacapa and Botran.
    --Costa Rica: Ron Centenario.
    --Nicaragua: Flor de Caña.
    --Panama: Ron Abuelo.

The higher you go in age the better they are, but also more expensive. The Flour that I linked to is, IMO, a sweet spot between taste and price ($20). I have had the mid ($45) and high end ($120) Ron Zacapas and I can taste the difference. I haven't tried the Botran yet but that will be my next bottle. It is hard for me to buy anything other than Flour de Cana, even at the high end.
    Running off a phone and the only thing that I get is the selection of Rums they offer on my phone.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bouncing back and forth from Founders Dirty Bastard and cabernet sauvignon... a good combo for cleaning up an old vac tube radio (Gen Electric 402) and cast iron desk fan (Eskimo 45R) that I picked up for a song earlier today, and especially for trying to find any technical info on them
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I enjoy far too many different beers to say any one in particular......though the last time I drank beer it was SBC Double Track and Stone Xocoveza. While similar can be said for my whiskey, I have been on a Balvenie kick for sometime, 12 year Doublewood, 14 year Caribbean cask, the 15 Year and of course the 17 year Doublewood
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Had some Buffalo Trace Bourbon earlier.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Also from Guatemala that I had last night, El Pasador de Oro XO.
    I'll have to give that a try, thanks. Rum Howler (https://therumhowlerblog.com/rum-rev...s-bienheureux/) likes it and my local Total Wine stocks it.
    Last edited by austinN4; 01-14-18 at 05:25.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast