Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking Today?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I switched to Yuengling Traditional Lager a couple months back because it's inexpensive in the 24 pack cans and actually is quite a good amber ale. Has a nice color and good finish. I just pour it into frosty mugs. I got tired of buying over priced craft beer six packs but didn't want to go to the cheap blonde ales like Bud or whatever.

This is what the 24 pack looks like and it's usually priced around $18.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/yuengl...prod3000063.ip
    Yuengling lager here too. That and Rhinegeist Truth or Cougar. Sometimes Stella. Usually just one with a meal. I can't binge like I could in my 20s, one is enough.

http://www.rhinegeist.com/
    Last edited by jmp45; 12-15-17 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    Yuengling lager here too. That and Rhinegeist Truth or Cougar. Sometimes Stella. Usually just one with a meal. I can't binge like I could in my 20s, one is enough.

http://www.rhinegeist.com/

I can still pound some beers once in a great while but not like I used to in my twenties without feeling like garbage the next day. However I've been down to the Rhinegeist Brewery a few times, it's a neat place and my favorite is their Panther Porter. In deep winter though, I do like a good Stout; Great Lakes Blackout Stout or Northcoast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout. Rest of the year Yuengling Lager or Shiner Bock once in a while.

7n6

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I guess I'm a pussy and a liberal! I guess I'd rather be that than a leg.

Seriously, it sounds as if you really have a handle on and enjoy crafting different beers.

I enjoy a beer now and again for taste, primarily in the summer, and I'm just as happy with an ice cold grocery store Corona (3.2%) as I am a liquor store one. I like bottled MGDL but you can't find it every place, Corona you can find just about anyplace.

I just don't like the more robust beers and stick with pales.

Years ago, a ski buddy and I got in the habit of carrying a bota of Crown and taking a squirt before starting down. He passed from cancer several years ago, and about once a month I toast him with a shot of Crown from the freezer.

Other than that I pretty much stick to tea, diet pepsi and crystal geyser.
    You know, at much as I don't care for it normally, at the height of summer, an ice cold Corona or three taste pretty damn good.

And I do like my Crown as well. Which is really why there isn't any left at the house at moment. Need to restock that supply.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    And I do like my Crown as well. Which is really why there isn't any left at the house at moment. Need to restock that supply.
    LOL little jaunt off topic here: why is it that my sewer line only gets clogged by roots in the late fall/early winter? Waiting for roto rooter. Needed to do some toilet business so went to the local quick shop.

This is where great minds think a like. After exiting their refreshingly clean bathroom, with this thread in mind, I wondered over to the liquor store across the street to get some Crown Royal Salted Caramel (I know, I know, but I liked it). No can do, not available, it was a limited run. Oh well, settled for the original.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    LOL little jaunt off topic here: why is it that my sewer line only gets clogged by roots in the late fall/early winter? Waiting for roto rooter. Needed to do some toilet business so went to the local quick shop.

This is where great minds think a like. After exiting their refreshingly clean bathroom, with this thread in mind, I wondered over to the liquor store across the street to get some Crown Royal Salted Caramel (I know, I know, but I liked it). No can do, not available, it was a limited run. Oh well, settled for the original.
    I didn't try that one, did pick up a both of the I think it was Canadian Rye that was on clearance up here. There was a reason it was on clearance I tell you, the original is much smoother. Especially over ice.

And now I am thirsty. Damn you OP!!!! Lol.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Fruit belongs in wine.

A family member knows I like Crown and bought me Crown Apple last year as a gift. I laughed out loud but it's actually decent sipping whiskey.

I've tried several IPAs but never acquired the taste. Good People Brewing Pale Ale is about the best craft beer I've had. Fat Tire isn't a bad ale.

All the same I'd rather have Yuengling.

Followed by Miller as my last choice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nothing.

Just....nothing.
    Never again.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm slowly turning into a non-drinker. Which makes me a cheap date when I do decided to imbibe.

My company trucks the beer from our local brewery to it's distributor 100 miles away. When we started I could get all the free beer I wanted (dented cans), but I gained 20 lbs in two months and that had to stop. They make a nice light colored beer called Agave Gold that is really easy to drink...just your average ale with a touch of sweetness from blue agave. I keep a six pack around at all times and it usually lasts me a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ... I could get all the free beer I wanted (dented cans), but I gained 20 lbs in two months and that had to stop.
    This website is your friend:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/alcohol-content-of-beer/#

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Water.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast