Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking Today?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian dark strong ale (16.6% alc)
    Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Russian Stout aged with Cherries and figs (17% alc)
    Belgian Trippel (10%)
    I had a drink new years day and haven't had another since for no particular reason but that is making my mouth water. That Russian sounds like what I would pick off a menu as a must have.

How do you keep that stuff fresh? I know you brew it, but how can you brew so much and keep it fresh?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tequila

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    never really liked beer

had one a few years ago at a friends forgot what it was he said it was good ? not bad I guess and I can see how some would ike the various flavors etc..

used to drink more beer when I was diving as coming in off the boat hot tired was nice to go sit in the hot tub and have a couple and cool the core as I say and just relax the day end but never cared what it was
    for me was a good drink not sweet yuck and some taste vs plain water and kinda had a small fill your stomach effect so felt I was not famished for food after having two

I also very rarely drink alchohol like maybe 4 drinks a year often at dinner with friends or some occasion if its served ?
    I do like good aged tawny ports like 20 year types
    bumbo (rum lime cane juice spices common when I was in the Caribean)
    margarita reckon cause of the lime flavor but maybe one every few years if we go out to dinner on the rocks

sodas ? yeah maybe again a Bday party fun to have gingerale or rootbeer if its good

I did love ginger beer in the islands but getting the real stuff here is near impossible but that was good stuff if done correct

the older I get the less I care to drink ?

I like some teas like pu'er and such
    also coffee that is good
    both above coffee tea maybe one a day

other than that water and water and with dinner water
    even our kids we drink water with most meals and one meal they have a small glass of juice or milk but mostly water ?
    Last edited by Honu; 12-15-17 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    Well since you asked, I'm drinking water today. And some iced tea with lunch.

When I drink beer, I prefer the Mexican beers. Any of them. I think these fit the definition of what you are looking for. Tecate, XX, Corona, Sol, Modelo, Pacifico, etc… I like them all.

I took a brewery tour in Mexico years ago and apparently, it was the Germans who taught the Mexicans how to make beer, yet I don't care for any of the German beers.

I drink beer for enjoyment. If getting drunk is the goal, I much prefer Tequila, Whiskey, or home made moonshine.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Water. Nothing but water.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Bourbon would be my #1 except in my dotage even a couple stiff ones make me suffer the next day. Kinda lost interest in beer. An occaisional Guiness just for the memories. Tonight it's my favorite red - D'Autrefois Pinot Noir. Under $10 on sale. Drink it slow and it is kind in the morning.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    For some reason, over the years I've sort of adopted a quest to become a deliberate lightweight with regard to adult beverages. I used to savor the slightly stronger beers like Sam Adams, Warsteiner, 1554, and the like.

One day I had an epiphany and decided I'd rather spend more time outdoors, and if I do have some beers, I'd rather lean toward the lighter side so I can keep drinking longer and not get drunk quickly.

To wit, I now actually drink Michelob Ultra, which I used to make fun of as a glorified soda pop. Now I kind of like the fact that you can't get more than a light buzz even after drinking several of them.

Other beers I'm warming up to because they're a little less: Tecate, Miller Lite.

Would love to know of other beers in the "not too strong/not too weak" category.

?
    I’m with you OP. While I do like a pint of Guinness every now and again, my preferred brew these days is Lonestar Light. I also like Shiner Light Blonde.

If you want a beer that’s one step above fizzy water and makes you piss all night long and stay pretty straight, try Natural Light.

Another way to spend a long night drinking with the fellas by a fire or at a poker table is the “1B-1W” rule. Every time you finish a beer, you switch to a 12 oz glass of water. When the water is downed, you can pop another top. If you stick with this plan, you can drink most any beer you want, and rarely wake up with a hangover, which is largely caused by dehydration and toxins, which you are continually flushing via the h2o...

All cheap beers mentioned above should be drank ice cold for best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The older I get the more I want to drink. But not the type of drink you do when you're 22! I look out for new and unusual scotch and whiskies. Good tequilas! Good beers.

Winter time ..... coming home from work a glass with dinner goes great! Stressful day at work and you want to relax? A glass with dinner goes great! Hot summer day? A Belgian ale hits the spot!

I don't drink every day but between 0-3 times a week, after work a glass of good aged liquor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I’m with you OP. While I do like a pint of Guinness every now and again, my preferred brew these days is Lonestar Light. I also like Shiner Light Blonde.

If you want a beer that’s one step above fizzy water and makes you piss all night long and stay pretty straight, try Natural Light.

Another way to spend a long night drinking with the fellas by a fire or at a poker table is the “1B-1W” rule. Every time you finish a beer, you switch to a 12 oz glass of water. When the water is downed, you can pop another top. If you stick with this plan, you can drink most any beer you want, and rarely wake up with a hangover, which is largely caused by dehydration and toxins, which you are continually flushing via the h2o...

All cheap beers mentioned above should be drank ice cold for best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do the water rule as well if it's going to be a long party and I want to see how it ends... one water per drink..whether it's whiskey or beer.. keeps me going all night long and still functional the next day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    The older I get the more I want to drink. But not the type of drink you do when you're 22! I look out for new and unusual scotch and whiskies. Good tequilas! Good beers.

Winter time ..... coming home from work a glass with dinner goes great! Stressful day at work and you want to relax? A glass with dinner goes great! Hot summer day? A Belgian ale hits the spot!

I don't drink every day but between 0-3 times a week, after work a glass of good aged liquor

I resemble this remark.
    I will go a week and grab a brew or a glass of whiskey or bourbon, or rum 3 or four times. Then I will go weeks drinking maybe once a week if at all. But, when I do, I generally want to drink something I enjoy. I don't drink for the purpose of getting ****ed up, I drink because I legit enjoy the taste. I had a Japanese, yes, Japanese, Whiskey that was more of a scotch on sunday, was quite good for a 12 year old whiskey. I am drinking a mixed drink now, but that is because I happen to like my Jack mixed. I may have some rum straight afterwards, I like the Barcardi Oakheart in that case, I like the flavors in it. In my beer I like what I like, and since I'm not drinking a case a night, $30-40 a case doesn't bother me. That said, for just cheap I like my Yuengling, but again I like the taste. As long as it the Pottsville brewery, the one out of Florida I don't care for.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast