Thread: 11.5 Suppressed SBR buffer system change to A5?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

11.5 Suppressed SBR buffer system change to A5?

Upper - Factory BCM 11.5 ELW BFH KMR-A upper with BCM BCG and Geissele ACH. Muzzle Device is a SiCO Trifecta Mount. Optic is an Aimpoint T-2 in ADM mount with Magpul Pro BUIS and an X300V

Lower - Mega Arms Gator (SBR'ed), BCM LPK except Geissele SSA, Noveske Ambi Safey. LMT Carbine RE, Colt H3 and Blue SpringCo. BCM Gunfighter grip and stock.

Current operation - I use this weapon 95% of the time suppressed with a Saker 556K. It operates 100% but it took the H3 buffer to settle down the ejection / recoil, but it still kicks them out energetically to 1-1:30 at 6-8 feet with M193 / M855 / SOST ammo. Casing aren't dented, it just throws them forward quite a bit.

Not bad recoil (its only 5.56) but I'm wondering if the A5 setup might smooth it out a bit more.

This summer I purchased a BCM VLTOR Buffer tube, A5H2 and A5H3 Buffers, BCM and SpringCO Green rifle springs. My job sidetracked the project, because I can't stand to sideline a solid rifle for a long time - basically I need to do the mods and test them within a day or so or I put off changes until I can.

In general I hate needless change but after reading all the A5 threads, I think it could smooth out the weapon.

Any input / thoughts from the crowd?
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-15-17 at 12:53.