Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Municipalities suing manuf of opiods

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hell yes its addictive

Sched II like a mofo.

Tobacco, however, is not Sched II and has a warning label (like medicine)

There ya go.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hell yes its addictive

Sched II like a mofo.

Tobacco, however, is not Sched II and has a warning label (like medicine)

There ya go.
    Agreed.

Personally, I don't know that there is a case. I think the lawyers need to be creative in order to put themselves in position to win.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My wife trained as an EMT in Wilmington. The opioid epidemic is every bit as bad as they make it sound. From my understanding the heroin supply for the entire east coast flows directly through there, and when a bad batch comes through it's not uncommon to see multiple ODs in a week.

But FF is right, this is just a money grab. The city is built on tourism and apparently can't sustain the budget to deal with the drugs.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    My wife trained as an EMT in Wilmington. The opioid epidemic is every bit as bad as they make it sound. From my understanding the heroin supply for the entire east coast flows directly through there, and when a bad batch comes through it's not uncommon to see multiple ODs in a week.

But FF is right, this is just a money grab. The city is built on tourism and apparently can't sustain the budget to deal with the drugs.
    It's not just Wilmington. Did you see the list of Cities in the article? Jacksonville is also on there, and as you well know it's just a few miles up the street from Wilmington. Fayetteville's on there. Lumberton should be on there. That whole Southeast is really really bad.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It's not just Wilmington. Did you see the list of Cities in the article? Jacksonville is also on there, and as you well know it's just a few miles up the street from Wilmington. Fayetteville's on there. Lumberton should be on there. That whole Southeast is really really bad.
    I live and work in the SE.

It is terrible. We have LOTS of problems finding people who can pass a drug test to be employed. Two of my wife's family members and one of mine were hooked.

But no one is forcing this stuff on anyone.

I had a ruptured disc and a couple of surgeries in the last 5 years. I was offered pain medication. I turned them down.

I don't like to hurt but I like to have a clear mind more. One dose of that crap when I had kidney stones in high school was enough to make me realize I would rather hurt than be a walking pill zombie.

Feedback Score
    Lawyers…

Go after the people with money and ignore the people who are responsible for the problem.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I tried to avoid Jacksonville when I wasn't at work but I'm not surprised. The locals there were pretty much scum, at least in my experience.

I guess it would be more accurate to say that 17 is the heroin pipeline.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wont go into details on an open forum but the SE is ground zero for dope trafficking. No law or lawsuit will change it. Its just proximal to several throroughfares of drug funnels.

Tobacco bootlegging too.

People besmirch the SE (and really the only bad place worthy of admonition is Alabama) But people forget how much stuff is here and how important it is.

Like lets say, theoretically, America broke into two with a non-violent Civil War and the former Confederate states became their own modern sovereign nation. It would be self sustaining given the industry, commerce, agriculture, weather, ports, etc.

With that comes the dark side of easily moving things.

I say that because a lot of other states are literally flyover and arent quite as self sustaining except (in a perfect world) California (if it were less corrupt).
    The Cleaver in the PNW to a point.

But most of your imported goods come through the Southeast (think Cosco and Maersk) as do other things.

Lots of trucking too.

No the boon of the SE is complementary to its issues of drugs and the enforcement isnt there because even with RICO it costs more than it profits.

So....everybody gets kindergarten and blames the people with the money who just make the pharmaceuticals.

I would countersue the mayors personally. Not the office, but the individuals.

See how fast them suits go away.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Because they just want money.

It wont go into enforcement.
    It wont change anything.

Hector will still sell his Gram Grams Oxycontin.

Some dipshit will still holler "muh back" for Lortab when a Motrin will do.

People will just say "eff it" and buy Heroin.

Nothing will change except money goes to coffers for some bullshit.

Ergo Retarded

ETA Dont get me started on meth.
    Absolutely this. This is akin to suing the car manufacturers because of drunk drivers. The fault lies with the doctors and other individuals who are in the business of dealing the drugs.

It is absolutely retarded, and is no different than gun manufacturers being sued because some dip shit decides to go full retard. It doesn't do a damn thing to stop it or prevent it. Just lines some fat cat lawyers pockets.
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 12-15-17 at 16:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Last year when we vacationed in Myrtle Beach you could tell things are changing. Lots more slummy looking places a block or two up from the strand. Lots of vagrants milling around on the corners. Hell, my son and I were spotlighted two nights in a row on the beach by the police helicopter.

There were several shootings the week we were there, and the city council in their divine dumb ass wisdom decided that putting barricades along Ocean Boulevard was a way to prevent the shootings from spilling out on the streets. My son is in a wheel chair, so they effectively eliminated any form of egress for us in an emergency situation. So now we're looking for somewhere else to vacation.

We were considering going north toward Wilmington. I'm glad I saw this thread to prevent that. Looks like we'll be heading south to smaller more off the beaten path areas I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast