Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Municipalities suing manuf of opiods

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hell yes its addictive

Sched II like a mofo.

Tobacco, however, is not Sched II and has a warning label (like medicine)

There ya go.

But tobacco doesn’t kill people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    That is practically the same argument used against guns as well.

If it is a legal product produced for a legal reason, companies shouldn't be held responsible for inappropriate/misuse of their product. That is the reason for the enactment PLCAA.

That same legal protection should apply to all manufacturers regardless of products.

I agree with Firefly, it is a money grab.

I have family members that have been hooked on that crap, it sucks, but they made the choice, they are the ones at fault, not the companies producing them.
    I now think I was wrong initially. This IS exactly, or almost exactly, what gun manufacturers have been facing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    But tobacco doesn’t kill people.

Yes it does. You are breathing in smoke, defoliant, rat shit, and even cyanide.

But it feels good. Especially on a chilly day

Feedback Score
    Yes it does. You are breathing in smoke, defoliant, rat shit, and even cyanide.

But it feels good. Especially on a chilly day
    The ninja face was to show I was being sarcastic .
    They cyanide is not a big deal, if it doesn’t kill you within an hour, you should be good, except for long term kidney damage... but add hydrazine to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    You blame the guy with one leg that got hooked on opiates then cut off cold turkey by the VA? Or any civilian in the same position?

Not all drug users are inherently bad people, and sometimes addiction is through no fault of their own.

If we stopped treating drug addiction as a crime that would be a step in the right direction IMO.
    A lot of people just want drugs and screw thos people..

But what you are talking about is the only “real” problem IMO, and it is a problem. We are setting up people for failure, and it seems to be affecting our vets the most. It’s pretty ****ed up.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-15-17 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    You blame the guy with one leg that got hooked on opiates then cut off cold turkey by the VA? Or any civilian in the same position?

Not all drug users are inherently bad people, and sometimes addiction is through no fault of their own.

If we stopped treating drug addiction as a crime that would be a step in the right direction IMO.
    I blame the person who obtains the drugs and then abuses them. We are all grown ups. We all know the dangers of using these drugs and what can happen if they are not used and managed responsibly and correctly. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with someone being "good" or "bad". And it doesn't matter if the person is a war hero, or a fat lazy welfare parasite.

I blame the person responsible for the problem. Not the drug company making a legal, useful product, and not the doctor trying to help his/her patient manage their pain.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Because they just want money.

It wont go into enforcement.
    It wont change anything.

Hector will still sell his Gram Grams Oxycontin.

Some dipshit will still holler "muh back" for Lortab when a Motrin will do.

People will just say "eff it" and buy Heroin.

Nothing will change except money goes to coffers for some bullshit.

Ergo Retarded

ETA Dont get me started on meth.
    We can close this thread now. Firefly, don't forget our homies who speedball on meth and heroin.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I now think I was wrong initially. This IS exactly, or almost exactly, what gun manufacturers have been facing.
    Except in this case the lawyers are looking at the addiction angle. That is a piece that was missing that cannot be applied to the Firearms or automobile mass tort lawsuits.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    This is no different than trying to sue gun manufacturers.

That being said there is no question that Pain meds are over prescribed. A couple years back I went to the Dr for a pretty bad ear infection. First treatment didn't work so he gave me something else and without me asking also wrote me a script for hydrocodone. I found myself a new Dr and not to much later the place was hit by a couple alphabet agencies.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm all for suing pharm companies.

We should be suing the Sugar Research Foundation and all other organizations who have perpetuated the anti-fat propaganda as well.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I blame the person who obtains the drugs and then abuses them. We are all grown ups. We all know the dangers of using these drugs and what can happen if they are not used and managed responsibly and correctly. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with someone being "good" or "bad". And it doesn't matter if the person is a war hero, or a fat lazy welfare parasite.

I blame the person responsible for the problem. Not the drug company making a legal, useful product, and not the doctor trying to help his/her patient manage their pain.
    You do understand that one can become addicted to opiates just by taking prescribed doses, right? That may not fit into your idea of the typical degenerate drug addict, but it happens. Some people are more susceptible to addiction than others.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast