Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAGPUL M-LOK MVG VERTICAL GRIP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MAGPUL M-LOK MVG VERTICAL GRIP

Does anyone have one of these?
    If so, how was your experience with it?
    Complaints?

I like the idea of the grip attaching directly to the mlok slot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If M-LOK and vertical grips are your thing, its hard to be wrong with the Magpul one. I suggest with all M-LOK stuff to tighten and loosen the screws by holding the locking nut with an adjustable wrench or the like to break in the patch they put on the threads.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Two thumbs up.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    If M-LOK and vertical grips are your thing, its hard to be wrong with the Magpul one. I suggest with all M-LOK stuff to tighten and loosen the screws by holding the locking nut with an adjustable wrench or the like to break in the patch they put on the threads.
    Sweet.
    I actually stopped using forgrips for years, but I am setting up my Colt trooper as a HD weapon with a flash light on it, and with the way I want to mount the light (SureFire G2X) the forgrip will make hand placement ideal.

Speaking of the Surefire G2X, I use one at work and find it to be a great little light, which is why I bought another to mount on my Colt for how much they cost, they are really nice!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've only had it for a few range trips, but the one I have has been absolutely solid running drills (I shoot on the ground in awkward positions a lot and off barriers so my VFG gets banged up quite a bit).

i've been meaning to get the BCM stubby angled version bolted to a different Trooper to compare, but the Magpul MLOK has not loosened up a bit. I really like VFG primarily because if you go mag after mag even somewhat slowly a rail gets pretty hot to hold. Having the ability to drop the support hand down a bit onto the VFG is a viable solution.

Handguard shields may work better, but I don't have any and I wonder how much slower they might cool the rail down.

If the Magpul one fits the shape you want, I'd recommend it though it has not been very long that I've had mine. I've run the MOE and pic rail attached versions for years with NO issues at all and can recommend those without hesitation. It's definitely more grip/length than is needed and I like the idea of a slant for comfort, but they do what they are designed for very well.

I've never found a use for a detachable one for my usage.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I've only had it for a few range trips, but the one I have has been absolutely solid running drills (I shoot on the ground in awkward positions a lot and off barriers so my VFG gets banged up quite a bit).

i've been meaning to get the BCM stubby angled version bolted to a different Trooper to compare, but the Magpul MLOK has not loosened up a bit. I really like VFG primarily because if you go mag after mag even somewhat slowly a rail gets pretty hot to hold. Having the ability to drop the support hand down a bit onto the VFG is a viable solution.

Handguard shields may work better, but I don't have any and I wonder how much slower they might cool the rail down.

If the Magpul one fits the shape you want, I'd recommend it though it has not been very long that I've had mine. I've run the MOE and pic rail attached versions for years with NO issues at all and can recommend those without hesitation. It's definitely more grip/length than is needed and I like the idea of a slant for comfort, but they do what they are designed for very well.

I've never found a use for a detachable one for my usage.
    I have both the BCM and the MVG. I prefer the slight angle to the BCM but the MVG is still really good. It wouldn’t bother me any if I had to use only the MVG (in some hypothetical sense).
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I've been using one for the past couple years. Maybe 4000 rounds. I use it to ensure proper hand placement for the weapon light. It has worked well for me and I have no intention of removing or replacing it anytime soon.

It is somewhat smaller and more minimalistic than BCM's vertical grip. The BCM I tried on a KMR rail worked OK for me but I didn't prefer the slight angle and I especially didn't like the wider portion at the top of the grip. Between the angle and the larger flaring of the grip at the top, the BCM didn't work as well for me off of barricades and didn't seem as secure in the hands.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just ordered the BCM MLOK stubby VFG from Brownells

code MEJ gets you free shipping on all orders

will post again when I can run it at the range at least once back to back with the Magpul one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Just ordered the BCM MLOK stubby VFG from Brownells

code MEJ gets you free shipping on all orders

will post again when I can run it at the range at least once back to back with the Magpul one
    Both are solid choices

Feedback Score
    Personally my preference is the BCM angled one. Before they released the mlok I was buying screws to adapt the keymod ones per the recommendation of a user on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast