Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can a Zenith Z-43P (HK93 clone) be made 922R compliant?

Feedback Score
    I bought what's supposed to be an HK93 buttstock. It looks to be of good quality, but there are no markings indicating that it was made by HK. How do I verify that it was in fact made by HK?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It may not have been made by HK. I don't know for certain one way or another, but I always thought they contracted those out, or at least have done so for awhile. Either way, the only markings I've ever seen on those were two-letter date codes.

Feedback Score
    HK doesn't mark a lot of their late production components.

Feedback Score
    Well hopefully it's the real deal.

Last night I ordered a fire control group (3 US parts), flash hider (1 US part) and a couple of Promag magazines (3 US parts). Hopefully, everything will go together and the Promags will work. I know they have a poor reputation in general, but the reviews of their 93 magazines have been positive. I was surprised that nobody makes a US version of the plastic German handguard.

Feedback Score
    collapsible stocks are spendy.

Feedback Score
    I received the US compliance parts, have disassembled the trigger group housing and am in the process of reassembling it. There's a pin that connects the factory hammer to the strut. I've tried punching it out with no success. Is there a trick to removing it? In the picture below, the US hammer is on the left and the factory hammer & strut are on the right.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Who cares? 922r is gay and nobody with half a brain actually follows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Who cares? 922r is gay and nobody with half a brain actually follows it.

Fortunately it’s not as bad as the self policed HAM radio crowd. Although some folks still try I guess.

Feedback Score
    Mr. Goodtimes, yep it's stupid just like all gun control, but I have way too much to lose to get nail on something so minor. My neighbors seem cool about my shooting which includes machine guns, but you never know what someone will say to the police or ATF. Law enforcement sometimes makes mistakes and it's easier to cover those mistakes if they can find something to hang a charge on. So please be helpful if you can. Otherwise, there's no need to reply.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Mr. Goodtimes, yep it's stupid just like all gun control, but I have way too much to lose to get nail on something so minor. My neighbors seem cool about my shooting which includes machine guns, but you never know what someone will say to the police or ATF. Law enforcement sometimes makes mistakes and it's easier to cover those mistakes if they can find something to hang a charge on. So please be helpful if you can. Otherwise, there's no need to reply.
    I’ve literally never even seen an ATF agent check someone’s paperwork for an NFA item, much less heard of one randomly asking to make sure someone’s firearms are 922r compliant.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast