Thread: South African PMP M193 Ammo

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

South African PMP M193 Ammo

Any of you guys have experience with the newer stuff? I know there was a lot of it about 10 years ago, but I'm looking at stocking up on the newer stuff. Just curious as to quality - IMI used to be my go-to, but their QC issues of late have me holding off. I can't find many reviews of the newer PMP - most reviews are from a decade ago.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hmmm.. didn't know there was a new run available. The old stuff had brass that had a significantly lower case volume.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Hmmm.. didn't know there was a new run available. The old stuff had brass that had a significantly lower case volume.
    Looked again - guess it is 90's vintage, but it's popping up for sale again. I assume the lower volume means reduced muzzle velocity?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I assume the lower volume means reduced muzzle velocity?
    Not at all.
    Lower case volume, with same powder charge would result in higher pressure/velocity.
    I’d assume powder charge has been adjusted to allow same velocity?
    The bigger issue, for a hand loader, would be load work up. Don’t want to run the same powder charge you’ve used with previous brass in a case with less volume.

Feedback Score
    I bought a case of this...

I shot some of it a couple weeks ago. It was significantly more accurate than the other ball ammo that I was shooting (Prvi, Wolf, etc.) In my gun it was better than Hornady's T2 or Black Hills, too.

I was impressed, and if I could find more at the price I had bought it at (<$300/1,000), then I would buy more.