Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson 1 Shot Extension disassembly question.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I removed the sling attachment point with no issues. My SBS cycles fine now.

Thanks! Your inbox is full. I tried to message you. Did you just remove the snap ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Inbox now unfull.

Yup, that was exactly what I did.

That particular shotgun is run with a detachable single-point sling from Blue Force Gear. It's the only weapon I have with a single point, and it works well for it's designated purpose.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Inbox now unfull.

That particular shotgun is run with a detachable single-point sling from Blue Force Gear. It's the only weapon I have with a single point, and it works well for it's designated purpose.
    I tried a GG&G or similar sling mount that goes between the end of the receiver and stock and this extension and hated it. I think my next move will be a single point sling too. The blue force two point felt very strange while operating the action. An old school standard sling might be worth a try too. I have a few simple AR silent slings kicking around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Have you taken a look at the Magpul barrel clamp mount setup? These two work pretty well together. If you run an SBS, the barrel length may make a difference, however.

https://www.magpul.com/products/forw...ssberg-500-590

https://www.magpul.com/products/paraclip

Worth a look at that price point.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Wilson 1 Shot Extension disassembly question.

Have you taken a look at the Magpul barrel clamp mount setup? These two work pretty well together. If you run an SBS, the barrel length may make a difference, however.

https://www.magpul.com/products/forw...ssberg-500-590

https://www.magpul.com/products/paraclip

Worth a look at that price point.
    I just checked them out. Looks great.

Is this removable to use a QD? I have one if the MagPul slings with the Paraclip attachment on a MOE carbine handguard. I like it. Its definitely more secure than the QD but it’s bulkier. Options are nice. Thanks. I’ll order the front sling swivel attachment and a rear QD with the MagPul stock.

Is this what I’d need?

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...prod54803.aspx

I’ll give one of these QDM’s a try too.

Last edited by usmcvet; 12-17-17 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Hmmm - Interesting. I think that would work.

I believe I have all those bits somewhere upstairs. I'll see if I can set up that rig, and let you know. I'm very curious myself.

I bet Dozer or one of the other Magpul folks on this board could tell you, just in case I can't find out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was skeptical, but you are correct. After seeing that, I rummaged through the box o' crap annex and found another Wilson/SG +1, but with the LH sling plate... I remember giving away a different one. I removed the c-clip and nothing slid off - as I had experienced before. Since you got one apart, I forced the issue; I warmed it up and got out the brass hammer, and that broke loose the "ring" that was behind the c-clip.

So all this time I have thought those plates were not removeable, but the one - now two - I tried disassembling must have been sort of fused to the extension tube (due to parkerizing process?) and I just didn't use enough force.

So I apologize to usmcvet for being less than accurate (i.e., WRONG) on those things not coming apart.

usmcvet, if you end up needing an unbent sling plate, PM me and you can have this one or the whole extension.

toc

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sweet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12