Thread: Question regarding the TA31RCO-M150CP ACOG

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Question regarding the TA31RCO-M150CP ACOG

I've been looking for an optic to mount on my carbine, and I've narrowed it down to an ACOG TA31RCO or Aimpoint with magnifier. I was at Cabela's the other day when I found a TA31RCO-M150CP Acog, so I decided to check it out. Upon inspection the first thing I noticed, was that the reticle looked like it was rotated a couple degrees off center. To clarify, the BDC (and tip of the chevron) was tilted a few degrees off to the right, and the windage lines were canted an equal amount of degrees off from horizontal. All of the pictures I have seen online (including Trijicon's website) show the BDC oriented perfectly vertical, and the windage lines perfectly horizontal. I asked the clerk if the off kilter reticle was normal, and he did not know. In a nutshell my question is this, is there something wrong with this particular TA31RCO, or is the slight cant of the reticle normal to this model?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Of all the RCOs I handled while active duty, I never saw one that was canted.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    Of all the RCOs I handled while active duty, I never saw one that was canted.
    Thanks for your input, and thanks for serving. I may pass on this one, as it was the only one in the store.