Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide: Kahles K16i 1-6 vs Swarovski Z8i 1-8?

Feedback Score

Help me decide: Kahles K16i 1-6 vs Swarovski Z8i 1-8?

Looking to purchase my first (and prob last) high-end scope for my 16" AR which will be used for range and home-defense.

I've narrowed my choices down to the Kahles K16i 1-6 SM1 vs Swarovski Z8i 1-8 BRT. I've done as much internet research as I can, but no real experience behind either.

If both were similarly priced (Swarovski Z8i is Used though) which one would you choose for your one-and-only scope?

Thanks,
    Mike

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Kahles G4B would probably be more equivalent to the Swaro BRT. I do not own either, but have looked through both, they are very close in quality from everything I have read and talking to owners. But if it came down to it.....if both were sitting on a table and the powers that be said you can have but one...I would take the Swaro. It's a good chunk of money, in the end you probably couldn't go wrong with either, but an extra 2X would be nice for the long stuff.

Forgot to add. The Swaro would need to be in really nice shape, being used and all.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 11-24-17 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The Kahles is less money, about 1.5oz lighter, about 1.5 " inches shorter in length, and the FOV on 1x is 5.7 ft larger .

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    With SHOT a few months away, I would wait...

Feedback Score
    Having used both extensively ( G4 B and BRT-I reticles )

For competition / general / hunting use I would go with the Swaro.

For harsh / LE etc. use I would go with the Kahles.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Do the Swaros hold up well going in/out of 3-gun dump barrels?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think waiting for SHOT isn't a good idea. Look how long it took the S&B 1-8 to come to market. All too frequently products are announced that don't see the market for a year or more. DBAL-A4 is another example.

I own a Z8i, but have no experience with the Kahles. That being said, the Z8i is an amazing scope, buy with confidence. If they were priced the same, I'd still choose the Z8i just looking at the features, especially comparing the reticles. The BRT-i really does everything well. A mil based reticle that isn't cluttered without being obtrusive with a nuclear bright dot. The illumination control really stands out on the Z8i as well. It feels like a well thought out implementation.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-25-17 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a K16i, and it's one of the few tools I own that escapes the reaper when it comes time to sell things I don't use/could improve upon/don't really care a lot about/would rather turn into cash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast