Thread: Can anyone help me understand results of an MRI on my knee?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Can anyone help me understand results of an MRI on my knee?

Long story, but these results could have a very significant impact on the next several years of my life and I've already had to wait almost a month to get them. Not sure how many medical professionals we have on the forum, but if anyone would be ok with me sending the results and giving me their opinion, I'd really appreciate it. I have an appointment with my doctor scheduled, but would really appreciate an answer sooner. Thanks.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Has your doc not gone over the results with you yet?

PM sent.
    Last edited by scooter22; 12-17-17 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wake--Not exactly what you asked, but I've had knee surgery and back surgery. Don't rely upon just one opinion. If your AO has top-notch Orthopedic Surgeon(s), get several opinions. They may agree on MRI, but not what you can do/need to do. Getting a second or third opinion out-of-network will prob. be in the area of $250 or so per opinion. I consider it $ well spent. If you can get second or third opinions in network, great. I like to go out-of-network for at least one b/c some docs don't want to step on the toes of someone under the same umbrella.

Find an MD that seems to on top of the game, call for appt., send MRI to new MD, get opinion, pay $. Telling them you'll pay cash on day of visit since out-of-network has made a difference every time. I got the appointments and the opinions. They generally don't like out-of-network b/c the patient has a good chance of not paying, or taking forever to pay in installments. Saying you'll pay cash on day of visit opens the door.

Also, finding an MD that you trust and can talk to, even if out-of-network, is invaluable.

You'll have to take the medical opinions combined with your own knowledge of your condition and then make the decision. No one knows your body as well as you.
    Last edited by 6933; 12-18-17 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Wake--Not exactly what you asked, but I've had knee surgery and back surgery. Don't rely upon just one opinion. If your AO has top-notch Orthopedic Surgeon(s), get several opinions. They may agree on MRI, but not what you can do/need to do. Getting a second or third opinion out-of-network will prob. be in the area of $250 or so per opinion. I consider it $ well spent. If you can get second or third opinions in network, great. I like to go out-of-network for at least one b/c some docs don't want to step on the toes of someone under the same umbrella.

Find an MD that seems to on top of the game, call for appt., send MRI to new MD, get opinion, pay $. Telling them you'll pay cash on day of visit since out-of-network has made a difference every time. I got the appointments and the opinions. They generally don't like out-of-network b/c the patient has a good chance of not paying, or taking forever to pay in installments. Saying you'll pay cash on day of visit opens the door.

Also, finding an MD that you trust and can talk to, even if out-of-network, is invaluable.

You'll have to take the medical opinions combined with your own knowledge of your condition and then make the decision. No one knows your body as well as you.
    Not sure why I didn’t see this earlier but thanks for the advice. I’m strongly considering that, as well as maybe outside physical therapy. The latter would be super expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.