Thread: Primary Arms Choices

Feedback Score

Primary Arms Choices

Hello all -

I was given a PA 1-6x24mm scope for Christmas. For all the bad reviews, I must say the glass is pretty decent. Although I must say I do not have a high end scope to compare it to.

My question is I am really torn on this scope vs the PA Primary Arms 3X or 5x Prism scope. I do not do 3-Gun and want a more of a do all scope. I have already made a poor choice of purchasing a red dot that I cannot sell. My fear is that I mount this scope and then do not like it and once again I cannot resell it.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I cannot afford the high end wonders that others have. $350 tops

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xzebra View Post
    Hello all -

I was given a PA 1-6x24mm scope for Christmas. For all the bad reviews, I must say the glass is pretty decent. Although I must say I do not have a high end scope to compare it to.

My question is I am really torn on this scope vs the PA Primary Arms 3X or 5x Prism scope. I do not do 3-Gun and want a more of a do all scope. I have already made a poor choice of purchasing a red dot that I cannot sell. My fear is that I mount this scope and then do not like it and once again I cannot resell it.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I cannot afford the high end wonders that others have. $350 tops
    LPV's are way more of a do all scope than fixed 3X or 5X. At close range a 1X is much easier and quicker to use than the others. As for resale if you don't like it, I doubt it would be a big problem even with the light mounting marks...there is a market for lightly used or near new inexpensive optics.

Feedback Score
    I have a Primary Arms 1-6X ACSS reticle scope and a 2.5X ACSS reticle prismatic scope and I like them both.

I was going to get the Leopard VX-R Patrol, but at the time it was sold out everywhere, and after mouths of waiting I decided to get the Primary Arms 1-6X ACSS reticle scope.

I might take some flaming for this, but I can't tell any real difference in clarity. I like the PA reticle better and so far it hasn't given me any problems at all. My one complaint is it is fairly heavy, but the Gen III is lighter.

After I used the Primary Arms ACSS reticle, I really like it and I do plan on upgrading the the Trijicon ACOG with the ACSS reticle.

On the same note, I got the 2.5X for a SBR build, as a place holder for something else, I just didn't know what I wanted, then Trijicon came out with the 1.5X ACOG with the ACSS reticle, that is going to take it's place.

After that, the Primary Arms scopes will be used on other builds. I like both of mine, I really like the ACSS reticle.

I have never had a problem with them and as I understand it, the new Gen III are not only lighter but have a lifetime warranty.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    LPV are far more useful than fixed optics in my experience.

The PA 1-6 and 1-8 are made in the same factory as the Vortex Strike Eagles and some others such as Atibal. Personally I think the PA offers better reticles. I’ve also noticed the glass on both the PA and Vortex 1-8s seems a little better than the 1-6’s.

The thing with this grade of scope is QC / consistency. You may get a good one or you may not. If there are issues do not hesitate to send it back and ask for another one.

Feedback Score
    does the 1-6 have the cheveron or the dot in the reticle?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Pretty sure the Gen lll all have the chevron.

Feedback Score
    eyeballing either the 1-6 or 1-8.

Feedback Score
    I have been studying prism scopes and comparing them on the internet. You can find videos and presentations looking down the scope and viewing the reticles. It really seems as if the PA 2.5X has the best reticle. There just seems to be no downside if you want a close combat optic with some magnification. This is the P.A. site with several short videos explaining and testing this optic.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...eticle-pac2-5x

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by par-archer View Post
    eyeballing either the 1-6 or 1-8.

Might help:

Feedback Score
    And then there is you, mrgunsandgear, on my favorite PA optic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=718JSz6Vmxk