Thread: Scope mount for 12 o'clock light mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Scope mount for 12 o'clock light mount

I want to run an Inforce WML at 12 o'clock, with my Trijicon Accupower 1-4...what height of mount should I look for to get over the light, so it doesn't interfere with the optic?
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    My recommendation is to use the mount height you are most comfortable with regarding cheek weld and optic eye box. I would not mess with that to try to clear the light.

I use this type of setup as well. I can see the shadow of my weapon light at 1x, but it completely disappears at 4x.

Don’t compromised your marksmanship to try to clear the weapons light body. The amount of view your light will obscure is like having a front sight in the lower 1/3 cowitness. Not a big deal. Still fast at 1x and at cqb distances.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wichaka View Post
    I want to run an Inforce WML at 12 o'clock, with my Trijicon Accupower 1-4...what height of mount should I look for to get over the light, so it doesn't interfere with the optic?
    Have you tried the Inforce light at 12 o'clock? I did and it was very difficult to operate the switch. I ended up using a HSP Thorntail mount that placed the light at 10 o'clock. Listen to controlledpairs2. Gun fit is more important than seeing the light. 1 1/2" from top of rail to center of rings works for most people. If anyone ask what standard height for an AR mount was 1 1/2" would be the answer you got most.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Bobro scope mount now that put the scope at 1.575", according to the specs. Been seeing some taller mounts when using the Inforce at 12 o' clock, they look a bit awkward to use at that height, but everyone has their own feel for such things.
    I have another AR with a AP M3 in a LaRue mount, with the Inforce at 12 o'clock, it works for me. But getting a bit too much light body in the Trijicon scope for my liking. Have been looking at the HSP Thorntail...me thinks I'll try that.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Minority here-

I run an Enforce at 6 o’clock.
    Using a “C” grip my support hand index finger is fairly easy to manipulate switch.
    It is not as easy as using thumb/12 o’clock, but with practice is fairly easy.
    Advantage is obvious.