Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Break for 9mm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Muzzle Break for 9mm

I am looking for a muzzle break for a 9mm PCC 16 inch barrel. What do you reccomend?
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm putting the finishing touches on a 9mm carbine myself, be interesting to see what people recommend.

Personally, I am just looking for a A2 birdcage as I don't think that after 16" of barrel there will be enough muzzle pressure to do anything, but maybe I am wrong?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A 9mm brake seems excessive, like putting a spoiler on a lawn mower. Maybe if it's intended to be used with a suppressor, it'd be fine, but most 9mm suppressors seem to be 1/2x28 as it is...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Silencerco may have an option for use with their Hybrid. I know they make a flash suppressor for it at least. I don't know of any other non 3-lug QD pistol can manufacturers. Does anyone know of a reason you shouldn't have a regular .223 version bored to say .400 or so and just use whatever you prefer, as it is really just for aesthetic/thread protection anyways?

ETA: There are 9mm versions of the A2 Birdcage, comes on the colt 9mm.
    Last edited by medicman816; 12-20-17 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    All a brake will do is direct more noise back to the shooter. I mean, I guess if you just want it to seem louder knock yourself out. I would recommend a 9mm A2. Myself, I run a 3 lug, i don't feel the need for anything else on the rare occasion I run it without a can.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the A2 type, came on the upper. I was just wondering if there was a brake that would do more.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I know one reason some people have is to divert a bit of sound back for timers to more readily pick up shots. I have seen PCCs in USPSA play a bit better with timers when there is some sort of brake/comp on the end.

Feedback Score
    There really isn't much of a selection to choose from for AR9 short of having a smith ream out the opening. The brakes that are avalible are all UGLY. Also, there is the issue with 9mm berrel thread pitch, most are 1/2 x 36, some are 1/2 x 28. Most brakes are made for 556 and 762.

I am one that wanted to put a different flash hider (AAC Blackout) on just for looks/cool factor. After some research it was more trouble than it's worth. Guess I am stuck with the A1. Not really complaining though.
    Last edited by Ridgeline; 12-30-17 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Google “9mm AR parts”....... there are choices if ya just gotta look kewl.

There is not enough gas to justify the need for a comp or a brake on a 9mm
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast