Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dimple jigs

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by netchemica View Post
    Another vote for the SLR Jig. I've used mine on three barrels so far with great results.

I actually had an issue with one of the barrels where it was very undergassed. It wouldn't lock back even with a suppressor mounted and the SLR AGB fully open. The company said that I installed the gas block crooked, until I took the gas block off and sent them a picture of a perfect carbon ring around the gas port.
    Yeah, it’s nice for peace of mind. Just one less variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I have the BRD Engineering Jig and have built several uppers with it. I bought it after having cycling issues building a couple of 6.8 SPC uppers. Using the jig made lining everything up easy and solved the gas issues on the uppers. I wouldn't want to build an upper without one.

The SLR jig looks nice as well, but I don't recall it being available when I was looking for one several years ago.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not to sound snooty... but who needs a jig? Just dimple it. I've done some with a hand drill... before I had a drill press.
    Come on Mark, I know you have a Custom Dimple Jig hangin out with your gold plated inch/lb torque wrench.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to share a recent experience. I've had the SLR jig for several years now. During my latest build I noticed the drill bit guide was becoming out of round. I sent off an email Sunday night, asking if I could purchase a new one. I included my original order number (after some digging in my email) and got a response before 8am Monday morning.... "Don't worry about ordering a new one, we will drop one in the mail to you this morning"

I got the replacement two days later. No charge. Couldn't be happier to do business with people like that.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is super customer service. I'm glad I bought their jig for myself. This, as well as the quality and pricing of their dimple jig, will prompt me to look to them in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12