Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I read on the internet that .223 was a 300 yard round.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical. I shoot 600 regularly and 223 is hard to place at that range.
    We shoot for a 6" flapper in an IPSC size target at 640 and 700 yards all the time. With a well doped 77 gr OTM, it's not THAT difficult.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm pretty skeptical. I shoot 600 regularly and 223 is hard to place at that range.
    Pistol Pete is skeptical. Oh boy, I assure you he smacked that pig at 700, and I assure you there are most people here Not Skeptical. I missed that little pearl.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Evidently your just not as good then. Sorry bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Evidently your just not as good then. Sorry bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait a minute... you mean I'm not the best shooter in the world?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Wait a minute... you mean I'm not the best shooter in the world?
    No, but keep practicing and maybe one day...

I can hit a 1 moa target at 650 at the range I go to, but not with regularity. Wind is the challenge for me and something I need to improve on. The 2 moa target is a much simpler affair.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Sigh. While the shot on the pig was not witnessed by anyone...

Nailing a 2" gong at 625y (in wind) with decent repeatability was witnessed by two folks, and caught on video, and one of those guys is an M4C regular.

This thread has been around for over a year:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...or-real)/page7

And yet, unsurprisingly, I'm still called out with boring regularity as if I'm making shit up. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...kac-on-the-way)

Shooting moving targets at 600y...rapidly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDrL0SBv4pk
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-07-18 at 19:50.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is damn fine shooting. 600 really starts test the ability of the shooter and equipment and .223 is not ideal. Takes a real shooter to accomplish that reliably. Well done, Euro.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sigh. While the shot on the pig was not witnessed by anyone...

Nailing a 2" gong at 625y (in wind) with decent repeatability was witnessed by two folks, and caught on video, and one of those guys is an M4C regular.
    AHHH SEEENT IT!!!

Seriously, Euro shoots like a man possessed by Apollo himself.

Also, we drove up to the high plain that he took the pig on. It's a rolling shelf that goes on for miles, and even in the half light of dusk or in the grainy image of a PVS-14, you can get a sense of the openness.

Placement is king. Internal ballistics matter a bunch when defeating barriers or achieving penetration in difficult targets like a rhinoceros... But even then, placement placement placement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234