Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I read on the internet that .223 was a 300 yard round.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My local fud would assure you that hunting game beyond 200 yards is impossible, and for anything above 100yards, you require a 15 power scope.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    My local fud would assure you that hunting game beyond 200 yards is impossible, and for anything above 100yards, you require a 15 power scope.
    I once had a FUDD tell me you can't hit anything with a .30 Carbine at 200 yards and you could all but catch the bullet from that distance.

He got pissed when I asked him to go stand next to the gong at 200 I'd been shooting at and bring me back the bullets he'd be catching from thin air...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    Its hilarious that people in the southeast use crazy stuff like a .300WSM with a 10+ powered scope (from Wal-Mart) for tiny deer at 50yds.

.223 with a 1-4x can ethically kill any deer we have, at any practical range.

If your not going to use an AR, then a 30-30 is perfect down here.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty skeptical. I shoot 600 regularly and 223 is hard to place at that range.

Feedback Score
    That is a great shot, no matter how you look at it.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical. I shoot 600 regularly and 223 is hard to place at that range.
    Hard to place on what, with what?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    well done Sir. Enjoy the swine
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    I once had a FUDD tell me you can't hit anything with a .30 Carbine at 200 yards and you could all but catch the bullet from that distance.

He got pissed when I asked him to go stand next to the gong at 200 I'd been shooting at and bring me back the bullets he'd be catching from thin air...
    I think it was Minnesota that stated .30 Carbine was not legal for deer, but simultaneously listed even weaker .32-20 as legal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Hard to place on what, with what?
    Hard to place on the vital organs of an animal that small at that great a distance.

With a gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My man, putting a smack down on porky at 7 hunid. That's bad ass Euro, impressive shooting. Shoulda got that on one of your epic vids. Congrats.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast