I've used ball as well. .Mil issue and all that jazz, so it's what we got.

I wouldn't hesitate to use ball if that's the only thing I could get. However if I can maximize the ability to put lead in a target, keep lead in a target, rinse and repeat until no more lead is needed, I'll take whatever I can get.

In regards to your first sentence...if they perform very close to each other then is it worth having the extra recoil/muzzle velocity when using +P ammo?

I'm guessing not.....

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
With today's hollowpoints they all perform very close to each other. They are so close that I can promise you that your selection in what ammo you use will not determine the outcome of any shooting you might be in.

As someone that for years was forced to carry ball ammo, I always find these threads humorous. We took what we had and went out and shot terrorist with it and made it work.

I will not in some tactical situations after the first magazine in the pistol and 1 more mag of hollowpoints the rest of my ammo is very hot ball ammo. Reason being is if I haven't solved the problem by then, I will want max penatration as the bad guy will be behind some type of cover.