Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger's new "Security 9"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    They are LIGHTER than a G19?
    I haven't checked my pistol on my little postage scale but it has been my experience that Ruger's products run true to published weight.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Range report would be appreciated. Considered a car gun in the form of a Creed or plastic CZ clone. This may be better. Would like to hear about accuracy and shoot-ability.

Also, what is the aluminum chassis? The rails?

My guess about the safety operation is that some will choose not to use it, The precocked hammer and trigger drop safety negate the need for it.

Ambi costs more, so they skipped that for cost.

Thanks.
    Last edited by m4brian; 01-10-18 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Range report would be appreciated. Considered a car gun in the form of a Creed or plastic CZ clone. This may be better. Would like to hear about accuracy and shoot-ability.

My guess about the safety operation is that some will choose not to use it, The precocked hammer and trigger drop safety negate the need for it.

Thanks.
    Oh, yeah. I have no doubt the ambi safety lever would have added more to the cost. But I still think Ruger should have done something like this to add to the broader market appeal. They have to be aware that most people expect some ambi features or adaptability nowadays. I say this because the new little PCC has a switchable mag release and bolt handle.

The chassis is aluminum and appears to be the frame rails and also extend down into the frame area for the trigger and hammer pins. But the chassis isn't removable so I'm not sure just how much material is in there.

The trigger is surprisingly good. If you've messed at all with the LCPII you have some frame of reference.

Still wanting to shoot and give a range report. But the weather isn't cooperating. Rain in today's forecast.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ruger still makes the Redhawk that has the more conventional grip frame. That's as close as we'll ever get to the original line of DA revolvers. Maybe someday they'll make a 12 shot 22LR Redhawk...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Never say never...

Feedback Score
    Handled one today at the LGS, have to say I am interested.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks.
    I have put rounds though this and I can say it is a nice shooter. The trigger is great out of the box and it’s not one of those “it’s good enough for $250” no, it’s actually a good trigger. The grip feels good in hand, the safety is accessible but I would not use it anyway. The sights I would say are the weakest link but only because I’m not a fan of plain three dots. As far as a car gun? absolutely! people on a budget? Definitely! I would recommend this over the Sr9, American, or the caniks for guns in this price range.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123