Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Light Mistake!

Feedback Score

Newbie Light Mistake!

Hey guys, I need a little advice on what to do from some of you who are a little more experienced with weapon mounted lights. I have a Daniel Defense rifle with the keymod rail. During Black Friday I gave my parents the link to Cloud Defensive for the Streamlight Pro Tac HXL light and their tape switch mount for a Christmas gift idea. Eagerly this afternoon I go to put it on and realize that I have made a few mistakes in my choice. I guess I didn't realize that the Streamlight mount is integrated into the light housing and is only for 1913 rails. I don't know if I was thinking it came with options for keymod and mlok or if I just had a brain fart. Anyway, I like this light but it looks like I'm going to have to send it back and go for plan B. Do y'all have any recommendations on what I could come up with for around the $140 range.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Thanks! Duh, I think my brain is only operating on half power tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Hey guys, I need a little advice on what to do from some of you who are a little more experienced with weapon mounted lights. I have a Daniel Defense rifle with the keymod rail. During Black Friday I gave my parents the link to Cloud Defensive for the Streamlight Pro Tac HXL light and their tape switch mount for a Christmas gift idea. Eagerly this afternoon I go to put it on and realize that I have made a few mistakes in my choice. I guess I didn't realize that the Streamlight mount is integrated into the light housing and is only for 1913 rails. I don't know if I was thinking it came with options for keymod and mlok or if I just had a brain fart. Anyway, I like this light but it looks like I'm going to have to send it back and go for plan B. Do y'all have any recommendations on what I could come up with for around the $140 range.
    The 1913 rail connection should come off and you can use a Surefire Scout mlok or keymod mount in its place to secure it to you’re rail. The below pic is from Cloud Defensive.

B91D4233-4B68-46C9-876B-B6DCDFC4C7DC.jpg
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Sweet your right. The light has an integrated part but the 1913 does come off. I didn’t look closely enough earlier. Thanks, now I will explore my options. Now do ya'll recommend any particular offset scout mounts?

Last edited by aclawrence; 12-25-17 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Newbie Light Mistake!

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Aris...saka-osm-k.htm

Arisaka makes excellent mounts and this would tuck the light in nicely.

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 12-25-17 at 20:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I second the Arisaka. I prefer the inline style.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    That works well. I prefer to run a 45-degree pic section and use a thumb screw mount for the Protec. That way it's still tight to the rail but it doesn't take tools to take the light off.

Last edited by stascom; 12-28-17 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I second the Arisaka. I prefer the inline style.
    The inline style may not work unless his DD rail has keymod mounting holes at the 10:30 and 1:30 positions.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I ordered the offset scout mount for the keymod rail and it worked perfect. Now I have the protac light in the offset scout mount with the cloud defensive mount for the pressure switch. It works awesome. I went outside last night and it was no problem to see my reticle in the light. I also noticed if I flipped up the front sight it really stood out and would be great for up close fast shots. I think lol. I’m super happy with my first light set up on my AR. I’ll add a pic later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast