Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADM Recon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really have no idea. I ran one on an AR10 for a few hundred rounds and it was solid as a rock. There is still a considerable amount of clamping surface, I have confidence in them but don't beat them to death either.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    ADM mounts are my favorite, and I've tried most of the big names. Never had any issues with them, either in overall quality or security of the clamping system.

Quote Originally Posted by highxj View Post
    Love their mounts, but nowadays I prefer the ADM Scout. Single lever and about 1.5 oz lighter.
    I agree with this as well. I have an assortment of both Recon and Scout mounts. For a scope 25oz or less going on a 5.56, or maybe 22oz or less on a .308, I think the Scout is plenty. It's probably fine for a heavier scope on a harder kicking rifle, but those would be my personal comfort levels.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I own three recons. I was a larue man for many years, but I tried ADM due to the $$$ savings. haven't looked back, not that anything was wrong with the larues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another fan of the ADM Recon & Scout mounts. They're reasonably affordable, rugged and not overweight. I prefer the Scout as well, but they tend to be harder to find, especially in the extended variety with the 2" forward cantilever. They may have even been discontinued, it's been several months since I've seen one for sale anywhere.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Got my last two from Amazon..I just looked and they are available.

Feedback Score
    Appreciate everyone's input. Definitely going with ADM for the mount. Going to visit one of the local gun stores to see if they have one. Maybe later this week.

Quick question..... are the recon and scout mounts the same height? I assume so, just thought I'd ask if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    Appreciate everyone's input. Definitely going with ADM for the mount. Going to visit one of the local gun stores to see if they have one. Maybe later this week.

Quick question..... are the recon and scout mounts the same height? I assume so, just thought I'd ask if anyone knew off the top of their head.
    The standard versions are identical height to each other (Recon vs. Scout). There are some less common versions, super low and extra high, which I've only seen offered in the Recon flavor. ADM's website has a decent overview of their whole line.

FYI, because ADM's Recon/Scout use a standard base with differing ring sizes, the optic centerline height depends on the ring size (for the scope's tube diameter) that you choose. A 34mm tube optic will sit higher above the rail than a 30mm tube in the same type mount, for example. The difference isn't huge but if you are picky about height of the centerline over the rail you should be aware of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post

I believe so. I can't tell any difference between them visually other than one latch vs. two.

Feedback Score
    I have 4 Recon mounts and I think the weight is well worth the strength and solid lock-up. I don't think you will regret a Recon.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Recon was excellent. Lighter is better for sure. I seriously doubt ADM would let a mount be unstable though it's a single clamp as compared to a double.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12