Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LPV Optic for Christmas

Feedback Score
    No Point in returning for a Strike eagle. Very similar glass and quality but the PA scope has a better ACSS reticle . If you were gifted the gen 3 version it has a lifetime warranty just like the strike eagle. That being said i think the P4XI is the way to go if you can stretch the budget. Better glass and daylight bright reticle are worth the extra money even if you are losing 2x on the high end

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would go with the Steiner. The glass alone is worth the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    Another option that would be ahead of the PA and Vortex glass wise would Burris RT6. I have read some really good feedback on these and they are made in the same factory the XTR scopes are made in. You would still get the 1-6x mag and come in cheaper than the Steiner

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    What do you think about the ACSS reticle? Kind of busy to me. have a Strike Eagle 1-6 and for the money it’s a decent scope. I prefer the Strike Eagle reticle over the ACSS - it’s a little cleaner, more simple. I believe the Steiner is even more clean/simple. Just another factor to throw in. I know that no matter how clear the class is, if I don’t like the reticle, then it’s a no-go for me.

I was pretty content with my Strike Eagle until I got my first Vortex Viper PST and Burris XTR II. The differences in glass quality were very obvious to me, particularly at max zoom.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have any leads on a Steiner for that price please share! I would pick one up for that.
    Last edited by Obagual; 12-27-17 at 13:38. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a bunch of optics.

Skip the low end stuff. Save up and buy a trijicon accupower if you want a 1-4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    What do you think about the ACSS reticle? Kind of busy to me. have a Strike Eagle 1-6 and for the money it’s a decent scope. I prefer the Strike Eagle reticle over the ACSS - it’s a little cleaner, more simple. I believe the Steiner is even more clean/simple. Just another factor to throw in. I know that no matter how clear the class is, if I don’t like the reticle, then it’s a no-go for me.

I was pretty content with my Strike Eagle until I got my first Vortex Viper PST and Burris XTR II. The differences in glass quality were very obvious to me, particularly at max zoom.

I thought the ACSS seemed cluttered before i used it, but once i did I really liked it. I don't seem to notice the features i am not using and the drops are spot on in my experience. I have also watched some youtube reviews from Garandthumb and MrGunsandGear who have basically said the same thing about the reticle clutter wise.. The P4xi definitely has the better glass and a nice simple reticle though. Also daylight bright unlike the Primary Arms options

Feedback Score
    I had the Accupower 1-4 "Green" reticle and sold it for the Steiner. The Accupower was a nice scope, but I like the simple and daylight bright reticle that the Steiner offers. I have been very happy with the Steiner and do not regret my choice. If they made a P6xi in the same price point as the Accupower, I would be all over it.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Same as SIG above me. Traded the green BDC accupower for the P4xi. Very pleased.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I sold my strike eagle because I didn’t like the reticle was too busy for my tastes. Haven’t tried it out but there’s a P4Xi on EE right now.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...x24-Model-5201
    Last edited by noeld45; 01-02-18 at 19:34.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast